Another Brave American Has Spoken Out

Ousted vaccine official says he was demoted for prioritizing ‘science and safety’

In a whistleblower complaint, Rick Bright alleged he was demoted because he raised health concerns over a drug repeatedly pushed by President Trump and other administration officials as a possible cure for coronavirus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/politics/rick-bright-complaint/index.html

Ousted vaccine director files whistleblower complaint alleging coronavirus warnings were ignored

Ousted vaccine director files whistleblower complaint
Edited by Tiberius
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ousted vaccine official says he was demoted for prioritizing ‘science and safety’

In a whistleblower complaint, Rick Bright alleged he was demoted because he raised health concerns over a drug repeatedly pushed by President Trump and other administration officials as a possible cure for coronavirus.

Ousted vaccine director files whistleblower complaint alleging coronavirus warnings were ignored

Ousted vaccine director files whistleblower complaint

Ordinarily this would be criminal. During a pandemic it’s way worse 

He also notes that he clashed with his boss, assistant secretary for preparedness and response at HHS Robert Kadlec, for at least two years, according to the complaint. Bright alleged that Kadlec and others pressured him to buy drugs and medical products for the nation’s stockpile of emergency medical equipment from companies that were linked politically to the administration and that he resisted such efforts.

On a call with reporters on Tuesday, Bright’s lawyers, Debra Katz and Lisa Banks, said Bright came under pressure from Kadlec to award contracts “based on political connections and cronyism,” and that he was met with indifference from top HHS officials when he tried to sound the alarm about coronavirus in January.

“Dr. Bright’s removal from BARDA was retaliation, plain and simple,” Katz said.

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ordinarily this would be criminal. During a pandemic it’s way worse 

Patent number: 9896509
Abstract: Methods are provided for the treatment of a HIV infection. The methods can include administering to a subject with an HIV infection a therapeutically effective amount of an agent that interferes with the interaction of gp120 and ?4 integrin, such as a ?4?1 or ?4?7 integrin antagonist, thereby treating the HIV infection. In several examples, the ?4 integrin antagonist is a monoclonal antibody that specifically binds to a ?4, ?1 or ?7 integrin subunit or a cyclic hexapeptide with the amino acid sequence of CWLDVC. Methods are also provided to reduce HIV replication or infection. The methods include contacting a cell with an effective amount of an agent that interferes with the interaction of gp120 and ?4 integrin, such as a ?4?1 or ?4?7 integrin antagonist. Moreover, methods are provided for determining if an agent is useful to treat HIV.
Type: Grant
Filed: August 3, 2016
Date of Patent: February 20, 2018
Assignee: The United States of America, as Represented by the Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services
Inventors: James Arthos, Diana Goode, Claudia Cicala, Anthony S. Fauci

In a 89-page whistleblower complaint, saying he was transferred out of BARDA "without warning or explanation" over his refusal to embrace hydroxychloroquine.

Bright says he “repeatedly clashed with Dr. Kadlec and other HHS leaders about the outsized role played by John Clerici, an industry consultant to pharmaceutical companies with a longstanding connection to Dr. Kadlec, in the award of government contracts.”

#FollowtheMoney

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Reality Check said:
Patent number: 9896509
Abstract: Methods are provided for the treatment of a HIV infection. The methods can include administering to a subject with an HIV infection a therapeutically effective amount of an agent that interferes with the interaction of gp120 and ?4 integrin, such as a ?4?1 or ?4?7 integrin antagonist, thereby treating the HIV infection. In several examples, the ?4 integrin antagonist is a monoclonal antibody that specifically binds to a ?4, ?1 or ?7 integrin subunit or a cyclic hexapeptide with the amino acid sequence of CWLDVC. Methods are also provided to reduce HIV replication or infection. The methods include contacting a cell with an effective amount of an agent that interferes with the interaction of gp120 and ?4 integrin, such as a ?4?1 or ?4?7 integrin antagonist. Moreover, methods are provided for determining if an agent is useful to treat HIV.
Type: Grant
Filed: August 3, 2016
Date of Patent: February 20, 2018
Assignee: The United States of America, as Represented by the Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services
Inventors: James Arthos, Diana Goode, Claudia Cicala, Anthony S. Fauci

Big deal. I have  my name on a patent  for changing the sequence  of a gene  we put in  the yeast that causes yeast infection.  Iy was because the genetic code of that yeast wouldn't let that gene be expressed otherwise/ The CEO of the company had her name on the patent.  The only thing she did was ok my work read my report on it after I was done.  The jeans of labs routinely get their names on  patents  that come from their labs. I got $1 (an SBA $) for it.

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Big deal. I have  my name on a patent  for changing the sequence  of a gene  we put in  the yeast that causes yeast infection.  Iy was because the genetic code of that yeast wouldn't let that gene be expressed otherwise/ The CEO of the company had her name on the patent.  The only thing she did was ok my work read my report on it after I was done.  The jeans of labs routinely get their names on  patents  that come from their labs. I got $1 (an SBA $) for it.

Rich boy. 

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

You are oblivious to the point that this GP 120 was inserted into the virus we are dealing with now. Are you familiar with the concept of gain of function? You know what, forget it. I was wrong. Orange man bad, corrupt public officials good. Just do what the government tells you to do, take the shots, as often as possible, and our friend China, who would never collude with imaginary corrupt US officials, will continue to watch our backs while we eat like kings.

7 minutes ago, Wacka said:

...I'm a bit confused.....if the development resulted from "your work at work", wouldn't your company retain intellectual property rights thus negating a personal patent application?...wouldn't the application then be in the name of the company?...thanks.....

• Thank you (+1) 2

The swamp is deep and the swamp is wide. To blame Trump is a misstep for this whistleblower. Trump didn’t pull HCQ out of thin air. I don’t doubt that there is a lot of corruption and malfeasance at the HHS. The main idea coming from Trump is that we should try SOMETHING, rather than NOTHING due to bureaucratic overhead.

Is there something better than HCQ that isn’t being tried, but should be? Either HCQ is being promoted by someone with something to gain, or it is because it is in fact the most promising treatment so far. 

I would question how “dangerous” it is since it has been around for 70 years, passed clinical trials for other uses, and is fairly widely used. Seems like a low risk / high reward option for trying to get something that can help. Is this “whistleblower” just another swamp creature who was trying to push something else for personal gain? 

There simply isn’t enough evidence to say who has ulterior motives behind their actions in this crisis.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

The swamp is deep and the swamp is wide. To blame Trump is a misstep for this whistleblower. Trump didn’t pull HCQ out of thin air. I don’t doubt that there is a lot of corruption and malfeasance at the HHS. The main idea coming from Trump is that we should try SOMETHING, rather than NOTHING due to bureaucratic overhead.

Is there something better than HCQ that isn’t being tried, but should be? Either HCQ is being promoted by someone with something to gain, or it is because it is in fact the most promising treatment so far. 

I would question how “dangerous” it is since it has been around for 70 years, passed clinical trials for other uses, and is fairly widely used. Seems like a low risk / high reward option for trying to get something that can help. Is this “whistleblower” just another swamp creature who was trying to push something else for personal gain? 

There simply isn’t enough evidence to say who has ulterior motives behind their actions in this crisis.

Perhaps it works but the heart issues make it ineffective for the people most likely having complications with the virus?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Perhaps it works but the heart issues make it ineffective for the people most likely having complications with the virus?

Well they say you have to start people on it early for it to be effective. I also heard some doctors are using it as a prophylactic (i.e. to prevent getting the virus). It would be interesting to know what the rate of COVID infection is amongst the population that was already on HCQ for other uses (prior to the outbreak) vs the general population.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

Well they say you have to start people on it early for it to be effective. I also heard some doctors are using it as a prophylactic (i.e. to prevent getting the virus). It would be interesting to know what the rate of COVID infection is amongst the population that was already on HCQ for other uses (prior to the outbreak) vs the general population.

A friend of mine is a native from Senegal and he told me that the infection rate is rather low there.  Generally, the population takes it weekly so he attributes it to that.

It could be or it could also be that it's hot and humid as ***** in Senegal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'm a bit confused.....if the development resulted from "your work at work", wouldn't your company retain intellectual property rights thus negating a personal patent application?...wouldn't the application then be in the name of the company?...thanks.....

Yes the company retains the rights.  It was done at work. My name , several other scientists, and the CEO and her husband(co founders) are on it too.  In the case above, probably all patents that come out of where Faucci  is the head of has his name on them. If you "borrowed" something from work and did all the development at home, the company has rights to the patent, You have to have exhaustive  paperwork that you didn't get anything from them..

1 minute ago, meazza said:

A friend of mine is a native from Senegal and he told me that the infection rate is rather low there.  Generally, the population takes it weekly so he attributes it to that.

Yeah, with summer around the corner hopefully we get a reprieve.

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

They take it in Senegal because of the prevalence of Malaria there.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Yes the company retains the rights.  It was done at work. My name , several other scientists, and the CEO and her husband(co founders) are on it too.  In the case above, probably all patents that come out of where Faucci  is the head of has his name on them. If you "borrowed" something from work and did all the development at home, the company has rights to the patent, You have to have exhaustive  paperwork that you didn't get anything from them..

...thanks...I understand it much better.....:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Wacka said:

SOP.  Two places I worked including one as a contract worker had in the agreement for employment that anything remotely connected to the business in terms of development the employee conceded rights to the employer.  One employer retained those rights for 5 years after the last day of employment with them.  

• Like (+1) 1