Bosch season 6

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Next one is the last, no?

Yes.  Canceled by Amazon after next season...

Michael Connelly:   “I’m proud of what we have accomplished with Bosch and look forward to completing the story in season 7.” He adds, “It’s bittersweet but all good things come to an end and I am happy that we will be able to go out the way we want to. This started seven years ago with showrunner Eric Overmyer and me writing the pilot. We plan to write the last episode together as well. We’ll leave behind the longest running show so far on Amazon and it will be there to be discovered by new viewers for as long as people are streaming. That is amazing to me. The other thing is that we would not have come all this way without Titus Welliver. There could not have been a better actor to play this role or a better team player to build this show around. He’ll be Harry Bosch for the ages.”

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/bosch-season-7-amazon/

Edited by Lurker
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Yes.  Canceled by Amazon after next season...

Michael Connelly:   “I’m proud of what we have accomplished with Bosch and look forward to completing the story in season 7.” He adds, “It’s bittersweet but all good things come to an end and I am happy that we will be able to go out the way we want to. This started seven years ago with showrunner Eric Overmyer and me writing the pilot. We plan to write the last episode together as well. We’ll leave behind the longest running show so far on Amazon and it will be there to be discovered by new viewers for as long as people are streaming. That is amazing to me. The other thing is that we would not have come all this way without Titus Welliver. There could not have been a better actor to play this role or a better team player to build this show around. He’ll be Harry Bosch for the ages.”

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/bosch-season-7-amazon/

Wait, so this is Harry Bosch? I’ve read a bunch of the books, but was unaware of the series. My normal routine includes going out to lunch and reading a book. I always have a book in my car in case I’m killing time waiting for people (old work habit). In fact.....I was reading a Michael Connelly/Bosch book when I stopped going out to lunch about 6 weeks ago. I haven’t touched the book since! I guess I could bring it in and read, but I’m afraid I’ll be a brief refresher. 

I need to look into the series. Not like my life is too hectic right now!  

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Wait, so this is Harry Bosch? I’ve read a bunch of the books, but was unaware of the series. My normal routine includes going out to lunch and reading a book. I always have a book in my car in case I’m killing time waiting for people (old work habit). In fact.....I was reading a Michael Connelly/Bosch book when I stopped going out to lunch about 6 weeks ago. I haven’t touched the book since! I guess I could bring it in and read, but I’m afraid I’ll be a brief refresher. 

It's FANTASTIC.

But then again, I've never read the books, so there's that factor to consider.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

It's FANTASTIC.

But then again, I've never read the books, so there's that factor to consider.

Apparently Connelly used to spend a lot of time in Sarasota when we lived there because his mother was there. I don’t know if I’ve read ALL the Bosch books, but it’s been a bunch. Grisham? I think I’ve read everything he’s published, including some of the kids books. 

I’ll have to give the series a shot. 

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

It is indeed Harry Bosch.    The series is slightly different than the books in terms of his supporting cast characterizations, but Titus Welliver does a great job as Harry.   

The format is to combine two of Connelly's Bosch books into each season's storyline.  There are some tweaks to the plots so they aren't 100% consistent with the books, but all in all, it's a good representation.   The show takes its time showing police procedure in a realistic, rather than over-dramatized way, so it's different than most TV schlock.

I will miss it very much when it wraps up next season...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On April 30, 2020 at 4:58 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

You and me both. It'll be back to documentaries for me until something else comes along of similar quality.

I loved season 6 and am glad there is one more.  Mark Konpfler is my favorite musician and I was blown away when the last song played.  It fit so well.  It was a nice surprise in a show that does everything right.