Beane and McDermott still meet with Bills legends

When trying to understand team dynamics, who better to ask than a group of players who epitomised what it was to persevere at the highest level?

Aside from being able to have a laugh about football, and get some inside stories, you get to understand what made those guys tick, and stick together like glue, even after 30 years.

I would also assume it's post draft. Beane and McDermott aren't going to be taking much notice of who to draft from the guys.

They might be prepared to look at someone if they get a view that so and so is a good prospect, particularly as many of them will still have ties to their respective old colleges, and no doubt follow them still, but that would be about it.

All of this aggravation from some and no one even knows what was discussed on their video conference.  They could have been talking about a charitable endeavor, or just a check-in to see if everyone is doing okay, or talking about people who get upset on message boards.  LoL.  

No harm in talking to members of the organization from whatever era for whatever reasons.  Where I'm from, "elders" were said to be a resource to possibly increase one's own knowledge.  The general American ideal that "old" = valueless or people who should be left behind is perverse; especially seeing as everyone will become an elder... if they're blessed to make it that far.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He was at a game talking to McDermott last year. You could tell it was awkward for McDermott.

What happened ? Please share if you can, I’m curious.  I do sense they (McDermott and Levy) have very different leadership styles.