Home projects- what you doing during this down time?

dhg

We're not just sitting around binge watching tv. Too boring and i need something to do while i keep Labatt and Jim Beam in business. Finally building my basement bar this week. So what are you folks doing to fill the void?

5 hours ago, dhg said:

We're not just sitting around binge watching tv. Too boring and i need something to do while i keep Labatt and Jim Beam in business. Finally building my basement bar this week. So what are you folks doing to fill the void?

Well, I seem to be maintaining this covid-19 thread on OTW.....takes a minute

Go for walk every day - minimum 1 mile, try for 3 miles, usually around neighborhood, sometimes drive to park

Bringing a new laptop online/prepping an old computer to donate

Trying to get my distant kid squared away

Yardwork - lots to do in Spring to prep veg garden for planting

Then will get to work catching up on clothing and repairs

After that have a list of projects - set up Tile, learn Arduino using a kit my kid gave me for my birthday

-the back yard was a mess. We have 5-6 mature trees in the back and it was a bad year for broken limbs. Big ones came down, 4-6 inch in diameter and 15-20 feet long. With the help of a cheap electric chainsaw I bought from Harbor Freight, I've accumulated a hell of a wood and stick pile.

-prepping the kitchen for a much needed paint job. After that, its time for new flooring.

-we have a huge patched hole over the dining room table when the roof leaked late last summer. Since I suck at taping and mudding drywall, I'm looking at alternatives for a new ceiling.