Gloating in WNY

rockpile

Sitting in the shade on a bright sunny day after brunch. I am only in

the shade so I can see the screen on my wireless laptop).

Listening to a song (MP3) my friend from Seattle sent me by a group

called Maktub, called No Quarter. Sounds like a cross between OLD Pink

Floyd (UmmaGumma era), and Uriah Heap (Gypsy era), and a back beat

reminiscent of the Who's bassist John Entwhistle (Smash Your Head

Against the Wall/My Size) for you old esoteric music farts. He and I

have been turning each other on to new music since about, oh, 1967.

It is about 70 degrees and I am about to go get my hands dirty preparing

my veggie garden.

Set up the volley ball net so that later we can have a BBQ and drink a

few cold LaBatts and play some games.

As I said - just gloating in mindless peace with decent weather and

temperatures for a change. I am almost guilty, feeling this good without

meds or alcohol or a doobie, heh. It is Sunday, so I guess for me this

is church.

:angry:

hope you are having a great day too.

Sitting in the shade on a bright sunny day after brunch. I am only in

the shade so I can see the screen on my wireless laptop).

Listening to a song (MP3) my friend from Seattle sent me by a group

called Maktub, called No Quarter. Sounds like a cross between OLD Pink

Floyd (UmmaGumma era), and Uriah Heap (Gypsy era), and a back beat

reminiscent of the Who's bassist John Entwhistle (Smash Your Head

Against the Wall/My Size) for you old esoteric music farts. He and I

have been turning each other on to new music since about, oh, 1967.

It is about 70 degrees and I am about to go get my hands dirty preparing

my veggie garden.

Set up the volley ball net so that later we can have a BBQ and drink a

few cold LaBatts and play some games.

As I said - just gloating in mindless peace with decent weather and

temperatures for a change. I am almost guilty, feeling this good without

meds or alcohol or a doobie, heh. It is Sunday, so I guess for me this

is church.

:angry:

hope you are having a great day too.

307325[/snapback]

Pile,

thanks for the tip on the music. Love Entwistle and Ummagumma. Well, my Sunday seems to be shaping up like yours, somewhat. High of 92 today (AZ) so the pool should warm up just enough. Just slapped together a brand new cast iron Chargrille yesterday. Ribeyes and NY strips are marinating as I type.

Got NFL Network on watching playbook right now. they are previewing CB's & LB's in the draft. I love this channell!!! I can see the big screen from the patio thru the windows, and I have the exterior speakers on. Wireless works great out here as well. As soon as the football stuff is over the tunes will go on random. a nice mix of Gov't Mule, the Who, Allman Bros, the Cult, Jerry Cantrell, Soundgarden, and Chris Cornell.

life is good...today anyway.

Is that song "No Quarter" an original or a cover of Zeppelin's "No Quarter".  Just curious.  :)

307348[/snapback]

It Doesn't sound like Zep to me.. Check it out.

Maktub

End of day update:

Fed five generations of family today, from my wife's grand parents to my grandchildren. I am on 24x7 call since my daughter is a day past her due date for her 5th child. When she goes in to deliver her baby, my other 4 grandchildren will be my responsibility.

Grandpa Rules! :doh:

what chargrill did you get? I just put together the pro smoker grill on saturday, minus the firebox, so far after 2 firings, it works like a charm

Pile,

thanks for the tip on the music. Love Entwistle and Ummagumma. Well, my Sunday seems to be shaping up like yours, somewhat. High of 92 today (AZ) so the pool should warm up just enough. Just slapped together a brand new cast iron Chargrille yesterday. Ribeyes and NY strips are marinating as I type.

Got NFL Network on watching playbook right now. they are previewing CB's & LB's in the draft. I love this channell!!!  I can see the big screen from the patio thru the windows, and I have the exterior speakers on. Wireless works great out  here as well. As soon as the football stuff is over the tunes will go on random. a nice mix of Gov't Mule, the Who, Allman Bros, the Cult, Jerry Cantrell, Soundgarden, and Chris Cornell.

307343[/snapback]

what chargrill did you get?  I just put together the pro smoker grill on saturday, minus the firebox, so far after 2 firings, it works like a charm

307792[/snapback]

that's what I got, sans smoker box as well. i'm very happy with it. My old Aussie was a POS. I'm looking forward to a very fat summer with the CG!!! :doh:

Hey Rock, I'm sorry I missed this yesterday. Days like those are great. Like Bytor commented: "life is good...today anyway."

And that's the way it is. All we ever have is today. You have to stop, look around, and just take it in with unbridled appreciation.

Sounds like a helluva day.

Pile,

Got NFL Network on watching playbook right now. they are previewing CB's & LB's in the draft. I love this channell!!!  I can see the big screen from the patio thru the windows, and I have the exterior speakers on. Wireless works great out  here as well. As soon as the football stuff is over the tunes will go on random. a nice mix of Gov't Mule, the Who, Allman Bros, the Cult, Jerry Cantrell, Soundgarden, and Chris Cornell.

307343[/snapback]

What is the make and model of the grill. Looking for a good new one. You like it?

What is the make and model of the grill.  Looking for a good new one.  You like it?

308468[/snapback]

this one is a Super Pro #2121

so far so good. I'm VERY happy with it. like I said, just fired it up for the 1st time on Sunday. I like it, what remains to be seen is it's durability, cleanability, and smoking ability. It appears to be very solid. It's made of steel and cast iron and it was easy to put together. Says it's a 2 man job, but it's a one man job.

I've seen them on sale on some websites for 150 or so. I got mine for 89 at Fry's Marketplace in Chandler, AZ. Great deal.