2020 opponents

Adamb412

The 2017 season should kind of be the forever end to making projections about how tough a schedule is. I remember going into that season looking at trips to Atlanta & KC thinking we were toast and also feeling the Raiders would beat us at home and possibly the Broncos. They won all of those games and lucked into a playoff berth over a much more credible team like the Chargers. The schedule itself also softened and by the end what looked scary turned into manageable.

We really don't know what is in store given how much football can change. There is absolutely credence to the QB's they face in 2020 will be a stiffer test led by Mahomes & Wilson, but do you honestly fear Brady or Big Ben whose numbers are way worse on the road a year after surgery as much prior. Of course you respect what they have done, but truthfully Kyler and Lock scare me more then either of those guys because they are young talented and unknown. 

The division is the gateway to the playoffs though and I agree that's going to be your best route. To me it all comes down to going 6-2 at home. I don't care how you do it, but going 6-2 gives you a lot of leash on the road to go even 3-5 and still have a decent look at the post season. Buffalo will have to take down at least one of Seattle or Kansas City to do this plus split PIT and NE at home to do this but I have faith. This last season I was actually disappointed that the Bills couldn't pull off a win against NE PHI or BAL as they had previously won at least 1 or 2 of those games in the previous two seasons where they weren't the favorite. Those games are mammoth when the playoff race is tight.

In general I see a 9-7 10-6 season on paper with the Bills taking a tight AFCE. That really should be the expectation nothing less, the talent is set at the big places and its time for Josh to keep his ascent.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/3/2020 at 10:58 AM, NewEra said:

It would be crazy if we made the playoffs?  You don’t even know who will be on our team, why is it crazy?

I don't see it as we have to play all those tough playoff teams, those teams have to worry about playing us.  Our D will still be tough and our O will continue to improve.

10 wins again, possible division title over 9-7 Patriots and 8-8 Jets.