Ron Mexico

You know, the NFL deciding to squash it just about makes me want to get one.  It would've died out faster if they hadn't done anything.

305367[/snapback]

It's always about the forbidden fruit to you, isn't it...? :doh:

The attention has also thrust an unwilling Ron Mexico (not an alias) into the spotlight.

``I've been getting a ton of calls. People are asking me if I know him. I don't, of course,'' said Mexico, an auto parts supplier in Brighton, Mich.

``How do you pull a name like that out of the air? Use Bob Smith or Jim Johnson; there's 50 million of them. Out of all the names in the whole world, I wanna know how he picked this name out,'' Mexico wondered.

Oh man, you can't make this stuff up!

:doh::blink:0:)

And, unfortunately for him, he joins the growing list of people who cannot get personalized jerseys from the NFL....

305388[/snapback]

Yeah, my freind Richard Head has been complaining for years about that, now I know what he feels like.

You know, the NFL deciding to squash it just about makes me want to get one.  It would've died out faster if they hadn't done anything.

305367[/snapback]

Just curious, but if that was your job, in charge of nfl properties and people started ordering all kinds of these jerseys what would you do? I think it's funny, and I would even buy a Ron Mexico jersey. That name is friggin' hysterical. And I don't think it hurts anyone to have or to buy one. But I don't think the NFL itself can do anything but stop officially selling NFL jerseys with Mexico on the back. It's probably the thing to do, and while there are dozens of reasons to complain about the No Fun League and the crap they pull and decide, I don't think this is one of them.

Just curious, but if that was your job, in charge of nfl properties and people started ordering all kinds of these jerseys what would you do? I think it's funny, and I would even buy a Ron Mexico jersey. That name is friggin' hysterical. And I don't think it hurts anyone to have or to buy one. But I don't think the NFL itself can do anything but stop officially selling NFL jerseys with Mexico on the back. It's probably the thing to do, and while there are dozens of reasons to complain about the No Fun League and the crap they pull and decide, I don't think this is one of them.

305400[/snapback]

I didn't say anything about it being the "No Fun League." There are times to take stands and I don't see this as one of them. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in Art Blanks and Bluto Tagliabue's office when they got the tidbit of "Ron Mexico" news.

They sure are protecting the integrity of the game here. :doh: