Grading Beane, McDermott, OC, DC, and JA

Bing Bong

15 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

He's had 3 years. And not fix every problem, but at least have an offense that isn't dog doodoo. 

He had to spend the first two years getting the team out of a bad cap situation and gathering enough capital to draft a young QB. In the one offseason Beane had with cap space he built the offense into a respectable unit (despite being helmed by a young QB with 9 new starters) with only three contracts above 8 million aav. 

He rebuilt the Oline into a top 10 unit with depth, found the starting running back of the future, added a pair of quality NFL receivers, and added a pair of young TE's with potential, all while preserving the team in a good cap situation going forward. 

I really don't know what else Beane could have done.

19 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Yep. My rationale is I can't give a GM an A for putting out dog doodoo on one side of the ball.

I'd give my left nut to still have Robert Woods on the roster

Woods left before Beane even got to Buffalo. He signed with the rams in March. Beane was hired in may. 

15 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

jesus calm down kiddo. A- is an Excellent grade for an excellent job. A+ would be a grade for a perfect job. Sorry I don’t think he did a “perfect” job. Way too sensitive bro. 

Haha I don't know why I got so aggressive. I guess I look at the job Beane did of fixing so many issues on the offense with only 3 contracts of 7 million aav or more and think how is this not an A+ effort? I compare this to so many other jobs GM's in the past have done and think it was such an excellent use of resources.

To fix almost every issue that plagued a young QB's supporting cast while keeping the team in a good cap situation is outstanding for any GM to do. It puts this team in a position to add those last one or two pieces to both sides of the ball.