Josh Allen showing he's right for Buffalo as Bills brace for Lamar Jackson

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I love it. Thanks, Foul Language Barrier! You’ve started a new phrase! 

Btw, Hi Deano!

Hi back. Can I start something better? Maybe "mammaries up"? No that sucks too.

Sucks. Mammaries. 

Never mind.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

Wonderlic scores are probably most valuable for players in the later rounds. Guys you haven't been able to thoroughly scout. The Wonderlic is a fairly bad test that really doesn't measure intelligence and definately doesn't measure football intelligence. It's a broad stroke measurement. A low score might give a GM pause without much more to go by. He might wonder, is this player really dumb? Or have a learning disability? Or was too lazy to prepare for the test?  For a lower pick it might represent a bit of risk. A really high score, OTOH, might give the GM some hope the player is capable of learning and improving with coaching.  I'm not claiming to know this is how they use it. But as a research professional, that is the advice I would give them.

But with a guy like Lamar, there were interviews with the man himself--going through plays, white boards, etc. Plus there are discussions with his coaches, teammates, etc. That kind of data is FAR superior to any Wonderlic score. 

I don't necessarily disagree. I remember hearing reports that when the Bills staff scouted Josh Allen, they were more impressed with his leadership (what he did on the bench, with his teammates, etc) than anything he did on the field.

But say you have two players rated 100% even. You don't prefer one over the other. One gets a really high wonderlic score and one gets a really low one. Logic states that all else equal, a team is usually going to take the player with the higher score. It's definitely not the only factor, especially because as you stated, it's not the most valuable test. But it IS a factor for teams.