Will Frances Help the Bills?

richNjoisy

The remnants of Frances appear poised to dump on the Patsie-Colt game tomorrow night.

heavy rain all day

moderate to high winds

means only short passes and a dependence on the run game plus lots of turnovers.

sloppy sloppy field

Also, if the Colts get a lead the crowd will be wet and miserable.

Go get'em Frances!!!

I'll take James over Dillon anyday.......... (four yards and a cloud of...mud)

The remnants of Frances appear poised to dump on the Patsie-Colt game tomorrow night.

heavy rain all day

moderate to high winds

means only short passes and a dependence on the run game plus lots of turnovers.

sloppy sloppy field

Also, if the Colts get a lead the crowd will be wet and miserable.

Go get'em Frances!!!

I'll take James over Dillon anyday.......... (four yards and a cloud of...mud)

22448[/snapback]

I agree with the running game favoring the Colts on a wet track. On the other hand, the Pats live by the short passing game, so it should not affect them that much. It's what they do best.

It all depends on whether Brady has the right gloves on. ;)

If anything, I think that type of weather helps the Pats. As has been mentioned the Pats thrive on the short passing game, plus the Colts are a dome team and don't play in horrendous weather too often. Pats play in all types of weather from sun, to rain, to snow. Sorry, I believe NE has the advantage in heavy rain.

This will also help the Pats as to all the raindrops hiding the tears Dillon will be shedding after Faulk gets a carry. ;)

22492[/snapback]

Kevin Faulk is a scratch - personal reasons.

But Manning, with his wounded-chicken flapping at the LOS will have the field dry before the 1st quarter is ended... ;)

Someone, or something, needs to open a great big can of SHUT-THE-F***-UP on the Patsies! Pete "The Blowhole" Shepard on WEEI in Boston drives me up the freakin' wall with his non-stop Brady knob-job on the air.

What's really funny is how he makes fun of other team's fans for whining about all the breaks the Pats get. Then when things go the wrong way for his team, the freakin' floodgates open up about how unfair the NFL is! He is so full of his own stevesojan, that he doesn't even realize how pathetic he comes off.

PTR

Someone, or something, needs to open a great big can of SHUT-THE-F***-UP on the Patsies!  Pete "The Blowhole" Shepard on WEEI in Boston drives me up the freakin' wall with his non-stop Brady knob-job on the air.

What's really funny is how he makes fun of other team's fans for whining about all the breaks the Pats get.  Then when things go the wrong way for his team, the freakin' floodgates open up about how unfair the NFL is!  He is so full of his own stevesojan, that he doesn't even realize how pathetic he comes off.

PTR

22588[/snapback]

And yet I would imagine, somehow, he is beloved by the locals.

The bad weather seems to me to favor the Pats with their short pass attack. Indy loves to break out the long fly route and with the high winds and rain that could be nullified.

On a side note though the Pats DBs are going to be watched like hawks with the new enforcement of contact after 5 yds that they were instrumental in getting implemented. A few flags there could really help swing the momentum.

The bad weather seems to me to favor the Pats with their short pass attack.  Indy loves to break out the long fly route and with the high winds and rain that could be nullified.

On a side note though the Pats DBs are going to be watched like hawks with the new enforcement of contact after 5 yds that they were instrumental in getting implemented.  A few flags there could really help swing the momentum.

22690[/snapback]

Thats also the first game of the year with everyone watching. I bet the refs make sure they call at least a few in that game just to tell the players that they are going to be watching them.