Has this been on TV before?

1:30 p.m. tomorrow.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule/0411

I know there was a previous 90-minute special on "The Comeback", but I don't remember the "original radio calls" being part of it.

301014[/snapback]

It may be heresy to say this, but that game wasn't a sellout in time and was blacked out in Western NY.

That was the 3rd of the Bills Bowls and the Networks weren't that jacked up about it. Ho-hum, The Bills were limping into the Playoffs and had lost to Houston a week or two before and most people expected the Earlers to win. I remember (maybe correctly or not) that Todd Christensen was the sideline color commentator. The way the game worked out, Van the Man Miller's calls became the hallmark of that game (from a broadcasting perspective).

I've seen the highlights with Van's "Fandemonium" call, and as TC said, it's "one for the ages."

It may be heresy to say this, but that game wasn't a sellout in time and was blacked out in Western NY.

That was the 3rd of the Bills Bowls and the Networks weren't that jacked up about it. Ho-hum, The Bills were limping into the Playoffs and had lost to Houston a week or two before and most people expected the Earlers to win. I remember (maybe correctly or not) that Todd Christensen was the sideline color commentator. The way the game worked out, Van the Man Miller's calls became the hallmark of that game (from a broadcasting perspective). 

I've seen the highlights with Van's "Fandemonium" call, and as TC said, it's "one for the ages."

301185[/snapback]

Wait a second... it wasn't a sellout? Then why does EVERYONE I talk to say they were there?

Wait a second... it wasn't a sellout? Then why does EVERYONE I talk to say they were there?

301400[/snapback]

A good friend of mine had free tickets in his fathers company suite for that game and still didn't go. He was convinced after seeing the previous week that the Bills were done for, so there was a lot of apathy amongst Bills fans and thus the non-sellout . I will never let him live that one down though. I fully admit that I wanted to leave at 35-3, but my Dad thankfully talked me out of it.