Levi Wallace against bigger, stronger receivers

WideNine

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet Wallace statistically before the Miami game was having he best season of any DB on our team.  Despite 19 more targets against him, he had given up less yards than Tre.  And he gives up half as many yards per completion as Tre did.  QB rating vs him was lower too.  

Lets not all over exaggerate off one game, and Wallace wasn't terrible in this game anyway.  

We have the best secondary in football, and Wallace is a big part of that too.  Doesnt matter HOW you get to the NFL, it matters what you do on the field once you are here.  And Wallace balled all last year and all this year, including surrending ZERO completions against the Brady and the Patriots despite 10 targets against him.   

No kidding right?  I mean...he had 6 catches for 82 yards and all of a sudden everyone is panicked about that?  LOL.  And not all 82 were even against Wallace.  

The "defensive struggles" against Miami are being GREATLY exaggerated this week because the game was closer than people felt it should have been.  Reality is we only gave up 14 points (which is pretty dam good) when the game mattered.  Up 2 scores, with little time on the clock and no timeouts, we played soft on D to allow the Dolphins to run clock time off.  Ended up getting another score because of it, but that was mostly due to the fact we again were letting them catch stuff in front of our defenders to keep the clock running.

Our team was flat in the first half, than we blanked them in the 2nd half until a final last second TD while up multiple scores.  People need to calm down. 

I'm not freaking out, I'm just saying it was a bad matchup for him. He's played well since he got plugged into the lineup, but every DB has their kryptonite. Wallace just isn't made up to be able to cover a WR like Williams in man coverage and that's okay. My original post was more of a "Let's not freak out about Wallace getting the brakes beat off of him by a UDFA WR" because this isn't your typical UDFA WR.

• Like (+1) 2