Will Andrew Walter be 3rd QB taken

I'm starting to think that Andrew Walter may have pushed himself back into the 1st round. I could see him going before Frye, Orton or Campbell. Remember when Kelly was injured in college & still went in the 1st round. Here's the latest on Walter:

04/07/2005 - ANDREW WALTER RETURNS TO ARIZONA STATE WITH AN IMPRESSIVE WORKOUT ON PRO DAY

TEMPE, ARIZONA (April 6, 2005) - After four months of intense rehab, the Sun Devil quarterback who set almost every Arizona State University career and single season passing record, returned to Arizona State for an anticipated and impressive workout.

Scouts and QB coaches from various NFL teams eagerly waited and studied each throw of the 6’6” Quarterback who experienced a 3rd degree separation of his AC joint in his right shoulder during the final game of the 2004 season. At his pro day Wednesday, Andrew ran in the low 4.8’s in the 40, and threw approximately 65 balls in front of an audience that included NFL quarterback coaches from the Kansas City Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, and Chicago Bears. Prior to the injury, Andrew Walter was considered one of the top QB prospects in the upcoming draft. Many feel Andrew deserves to still be there.

According to Darcy Norman of Athletes Performance Institute, who was in charge of Walter’s rehab, “Walter is way ahead of schedule for recovery. He is on schedule to be able to fully participate in his upcoming mini camp. That’s amazing after only five months”. Norman also added that, “he is a hard working, diligent athlete who has treated this process as a true professional”.

This is a guy that has a history of playing against long odds and winning. In a high school varsity basketball game he once played an entire game with a broken finger, while scoring 20 points and hitting four clutch free throws in the final two minutes to seal the win!

Injury or no injury, this is a talented player who was a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, and the semi finalist for the Davey O’Brien Award last season. Walter also earned second-team All- Pac-10 honors, breaking Jake Plummer's career passing marks by 1,790 yards and 20 touchdowns. He also broke the Pac-10 career touchdown record with 85, ending the previous 21 year old mark held by Stanford great John Elway (77 TDs). Walter is the only QB in school history to have 3,000 passing yards in a season while being voted co-captain in each of those three seasons.

Elite Sports PR Management

04/07/2005 - (Pro Day note, Next Level Scouting, Inc) - ARIZONA STATE (April 6th) senior quarterback ANDREW WALTER ran between 4.85 and 4.88 in the 40... some had him a little faster; 4.82... weighs 6054, 235 pounds... showed good footwork and moved fairly well through his intial positional drills... able to do a full assortment of passing drills (30 minutes)... threw from both the drop back and roll out, which may have helped him more than anything... as some came away more impressed with his footwork/mobility than previously... did not show too much wear on his arm strength, considering he is only four months removed from surgery to correct a third-degree separation of his throwing shoulder... a few of his (deep) passes wobbled and were less accurate than normal... but he did a good enough job to convince teams that he will be back or near full strength by the start of training camp... plus the team that drafts him will be able to decide how to best complete his rehab and how much throwing he will actually do in early rookie camps... also received an updated and positive evaluation last weekend at the Combine's medical re-check.

I watched him a lot in college as ASU is my team and I am shocked that he ran a 4.82. He reminds me of Drew unfortunately. A great deep ball and strong arm but statue-esque. Maybe they just never asked him to move but even though I liked him a lot and he threw a ton of TDs, I thought he wouldnt make a great pro because he doesn't move. He must have really worked on his legs. He, does, however, have a cannon.