Our long snapper on Montel

aussiew

So I took the afternoon off to hang out by the pool. I was soaking up some rays with the TV on and guess what. The Montel show comes on and there's Jon.

"Dorenbos' dramatic story, which has aired on HBO's "Inside the NFL," as well as on CBS and ESPN, qualified in, well, a snap. At the age of 12, his idyllic family life in Seattle came to an abrupt halt when his father was accused and subsequently convicted of brutally murdering his mother. Dorenbos discusses the difficulties of testifying at his father's trial, saying "it seemed like I was up there forever."

Raised by an aunt, Dorenbos became a professional magician. He also used the skills he developed as a college long snapper at the University of Texas at El Paso to eventually make it to the NFL with the Bills."

He's so cute.

:blink:

This thread took the quickest left turn i have ever seen. Went from talking about one of our player's mother's getting whacked to talking about sausage patty/links and western whoppers.. gotta love it.

300116[/snapback]

So, what did you think of Dorenbros' story on Montel?

So, what did you think of Dorenbros' story on Montel?

300125[/snapback]

I thought it was heartwarming, and it was good to know we have such a stong (mentally) person on the team. He looked bigger than I thought he would. I was surprised a big tough guy like that got so openly emotional when talking about something that happened so long ago. Oh, and he said he is the most content he has ever been in his life living in Buffalo. *

* I made that entire thing up. I am at work, and thus didn't see Montel. However, I also made it through highschool book reports without ever reading the actual book. But, I assume it went something like what I mentioned above.

I thought it was heartwarming, and it was good to know we have such a stong (mentally) person on the team. He looked bigger than I thought he would. I was surprised a big tough guy like that got so openly emotional when talking about something that happened so long ago. Oh, and he said he is the most content he has ever been in his life living in Buffalo. *

300131[/snapback]

Yes, you're right. It was a very poignant, powerful story. It gives us all hope. We are the world. We are the children...

* I made that entire thing up. I am at work, and thus didn't see Montel.  However, I also made it through highschool book reports without ever reading the actual book. But, I assume it went something like what I mentioned above.

300131[/snapback]

Yes, you're right. It was a very poignant, powerful story that I too did not watch. I'm sure it gives us all hope. We are the world. We are the children...