MattJones on Sirius!

jas lac

Matt Jones is a guest on Sirius NFL. They asked him if he has talked to Mularkey.

He answered that he had a great meeting with the Bills and and expects great things for them.

Pat Kirwin expects him to go late 1st Round or early 2nd.

Thoughsubtlenowandinthedistancethedrumbeatsforoffensiveskillplayersgetslouderandlouderheredoesitnot?

298889[/snapback]

Itisthesamethingeveryoffseasonoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandoveragain.

I wasn't going to say this but I just have a suspicion that Jones is our #2 pick. He fits the mularkey mold perfectly: He's versatile, can throw on a trick, is tough as nails and can learn to block when needed, can run and beat the press with relative ease, is game smart and can learn new tricks fast, and probably can't be shut down in the red zone.

My guesses:

2. Matt jones WR/TE

3. DT: Louis Castillo or Antajj Hawthorne, or OT Adam Terry

4. CB Ronald Bartell

5. RB Darren Sproles (What a change up)

6. Walter Reyes

7. Stefan LeFors

From what i know of these guys, I'd be thrilled.

I wasn't going to say this but I just have a suspicion that Jones is our #2 pick. He fits the mularkey mold perfectly: He's versatile, can throw on a trick, is tough as nails and can learn to block when needed, can run and beat the press with relative ease, is game smart and can learn new tricks fast, and probably can't be shut down in the red zone.

My guesses:

2. Matt jones WR/TE

3. DT: Louis Castillo or Antajj Hawthorne, or OT Adam Terry

4. CB Ronald Bartell

5. RB Darren Sproles (What a change up)

6. Walter Reyes

7. Stefan LeFors

From what i know of these guys, I'd be thrilled.

298981[/snapback]

Not a bad mock, nodnarb.

2. Jones is enough of an intriguing pick that it wouldn't bother me to see them draft him, especially if they can do more via trade and free agency to bolster the OL depth.

3. Castillo and Hawthorne would also be nice picks, but I fully expect Castillo to be gone by our 2nd round pick, as some have him rated as high or higher than Travis Johnson of FSU. Hawthorne more than likely will be gone by the 55th pick as well, but if he's around in the 3rd round, by all means take him, TD! Terry in the 3rd? Maybe. He wouldn't be a bad pick at all in round 3. It's not as much of a long shot as Hawthorne and Castillo (Terry being available in the 3rd), but it's still not certain at all.

4. Bartell in the 4th? I doubt it. He's moving up most teams' draft boards, bad news for any team (like the Bills) who could use a big, fast, physical corner. I sure would love for him to be there in the 4th, but the way things have been going recently, I wouldn't count on it.

5. Sproles? I dunno. I like Ryan Moats of La Tech more, but again, will Moats be around in the 5th? Who knows? Even though his workouts have been very good, he doesn't seem to be moving up the draft boards as of late.

6. Reyes is okay, and I guess the Syracuse connection would make him a favorite, but I'd rather have a power back as a backup, especially since the Bills seem fine with Shaud Williams as their speed backup RB. A good power RB that might be around in the 6th is Louisville's Lionel Gates. He's got good size and runs well between the tackles. I would rather see him drafted by the Bills than Reyes.

7. LeFors? If UConn's Dan Orlovsky is gone by then (probably), this wouldn't be such a bad pick.

As far as the RBs go, I wouldn't go after RBs in successive rounds. I'd hope we'd go after at least one interior OL, hopefully a center. Use one of those picks on the best available center, like Jason Brown (doubtful in the 5th/6th, but one never knows for sure), Junius Coston, Vince Carter, or a guy who was impressive in workouts, Rob Hunt of North Dakota State.

Not a bad mock, nodnarb. 

2.  Jones is enough of an intriguing pick that it wouldn't bother me to see them draft him, especially if they can do more via trade and free agency to bolster the OL depth.

3.  Castillo and Hawthorne would also be nice picks, but I fully expect Castillo to be gone by our 2nd round pick, as some have him rated as high or higher than Travis Johnson of FSU.  Hawthorne more than likely will be gone by the 55th pick as well, but if he's around in the 3rd round, by all means take him, TD!  Terry in the 3rd?  Maybe.  He wouldn't be a bad pick at all in round 3.  It's not as much of a long shot as Hawthorne and Castillo (Terry being available in the 3rd), but it's still not certain at all.

4.  Bartell in the 4th?  I doubt it.  He's moving up most teams' draft boards, bad news for any team (like the Bills) who could use a big, fast, physical corner.  I sure would love for him to be there in the 4th, but the way things have been going recently, I wouldn't count on it.

5.  Sproles?  I dunno.  I like Ryan Moats of La Tech more, but again, will Moats be around in the 5th?  Who knows?  Even though his workouts have been very good, he doesn't seem to be moving up the draft boards as of late. 

6.  Reyes is okay, and I guess the Syracuse connection would make him a favorite, but I'd rather have a power back as a backup, especially since the Bills seem fine with Shaud Williams as their speed backup RB.  A good power RB that might be around in the 6th is Louisville's Lionel Gates.  He's got good size and runs well between the tackles.  I would rather see  him drafted by the Bills than Reyes.

7.  LeFors?  If UConn's Dan Orlovsky is gone by then (probably), this wouldn't be such a bad pick. 

As far as the RBs go, I wouldn't go after RBs in successive rounds.  I'd hope we'd go after at least one interior OL, hopefully a center.  Use one of those picks on the best available center, like Jason Brown (doubtful in the 5th/6th, but one never knows for sure), Junius Coston, Vince Carter, or a guy who was impressive in workouts, Rob Hunt of North Dakota State.

299002[/snapback]

Too bad someone around here isn't setting up a seven round mock draft. Something like that could be tons of fun. :)