What happened to Shane Matthews?

Last I heard he was considering retiring, but I haven't heard anything since.  Anybody else hear anything?  He's listed on the roster as an "unsigned player."

298454[/snapback]

It's still in limbo. The Bills expect him to retire. He hasn't officially announced it yet. To me, there is zero chance they will ask him or he will take being a #3. He is probably still considering with his family and agent if any other team calls him for an emergency #2 during the season is he up for it.

Last I heard he was considering retiring, but I haven't heard anything since.  Anybody else hear anything?  He's listed on the roster as an "unsigned player."

298454[/snapback]

Odds are he's going to retire.

He was pretty much in retirement when we found him and stated that he'll be there after the 04 season. TD SUPPOSEDLY tried to talk him out of it to be the #2 guy, but it went no where.

Sad to say; no one really cares.

We should have benched Bledsoe last year and started Shane. He couldn't have been worse than Bledsoe. And he threw that TD vs. SF, so you KNOW he's kickass. :doh:

298494[/snapback]

Well, you know he did have a 149.3 QB rating last season...I mean, come on, you should start the hot hand!

Shane Matthews flat out sucks! I would be pretty despondent if we were going into next season with him as our #2 guy. I wonder if TD was really serious about that. Holcomb is getting something like 10 million over 4 years, according to PFW. That is pretty good money for a #2 guy. Can't see the Bills, or anyone, paying Shane close to that.

Our #3 guy will be a free agent/high draft pick (Kevin Thompson maybe?) who will be a development project. It won't be another vetran. Holcomb is firmly entreanched at #2!

Shane Matthews flat out sucks!  I would be pretty despondent if we were going into next season with him as our #2 guy.  I wonder if TD was really serious about that.  Holcomb is getting something like 10 million over 4 years, according to PFW.  That is pretty good money for a #2 guy.  Can't see the Bills, or anyone, paying Shane close to that. 

Our #3 guy will be a free agent/high draft pick (Kevin Thompson maybe?) who will be a development project.  It won't be another vetran.  Holcomb is firmly entreanched at #2!

298927[/snapback]

Why do you say Matthews flat-out sucks? His career stats says otherwise. Some specifics for the forum members to consider, please...