NYC Wallers

Going to be in NYC either this weekend or next. Can you give me an idea of some outstanding places to go? I know about most of the tourist type spots, but want to know about some of those might have missed it sort of places. I also need a few good suggestions on where to get some good food. A little help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you want to try a different place for dinner or lunch try Jekyll and Hydes in the village jekyll and hydes

Also in the area is McSorleys an old ale house Mcsorlys

This weekends weather should be pretty good too.

297025[/snapback]

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been to both. McSorley's is one of my favorite places on the planet. Ever since I went there as a senior in high school and was able to get served alcohol while being fussed at by an impatient Irish waiter. Good times.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've been to both.  McSorley's is one of my favorite places on the planet.  Ever since I went there as a senior in high school and was able to get served alcohol while being fussed at by an impatient Irish waiter.  Good times.

297030[/snapback]

once had a 7 hour layover at JFK OTW to Amsterdam...had a few buddes pick me up, and they took me to McSorleys....good times...15 beers, sleeve of crakcers, pile of cheese and onions made for a great subway ride to Howard Beach

Cappucines, my favorite Italian place. S/W corner of 19th Street and 2nd Ave.

From the outside, it appears to be justy a small, non-descript Italian restaurant but people come from as far as Ct. to eat there.

They serve basically everything but are known for seafood.

Try the red snappers. :lol:

I grew up on 18th and First Ave but have not been there for a while so I hope these are still there. 2nd Ave deli on about 10th street is considered one of the best in NYC. Afterward head down to St. Marks Pl. (8th street and hit the Gem Spa for an eggcream. All the bands used to go there after the gig at the Philmore. (God I'm old :lol: )

Best Pizza (patsy Grimaldi's) just over the brooklyn bridge (yes in Brooklyn) some of the best views of the city from the promenade.

Mexican- try Ariba, Ariba @ 50th and 9th or 10th Ave. fun attosmphere (club type music- low lights) and good food.

Best Pizza (patsy Grimaldi's) just over the brooklyn bridge (yes in Brooklyn)  some of the best views of the city from the promenade.

Mexican- try Ariba, Ariba @ 50th and 9th or 10th Ave.  fun attosmphere (club type music- low lights) and good food.

297152[/snapback]

Grimaldi's was good, but in its hey day Totonno's in Coney Island was even better.

Go to Amittyville and see "the House".....  :blush:

297306[/snapback]

The new owners who purchased it several years ago reconfigured the house so no one would recognize it anymore. The eye shaped windows have been changed and roofline and gables have been squared off. It no longer has the same exterior appearance. Kinda sad

The new owners who purchased it several years ago reconfigured the house so no one would recognize it anymore. The eye shaped windows have been changed and roofline and gables have been squared off. It no longer has the same exterior appearance. Kinda sad

297327[/snapback]

They should have done the smart thing and started charging people to come in and take a look.

Grimaldi's was good, but in its hey day Totonno's in Coney Island was even better.

297269[/snapback]

Agreed. Totonno's is the best-- but if hanging around the City,

Grimaldi's is possible, Totonno's is a bit away- and you should really know where you are if looking for Totonnos.

there's a great little spot called planet hollywood on 47th and broadway. It's kind of hard to find, but the food is great and the atmosphere is authentic NYC!

if you want to get a beer at a really cool old place, go to the ear inn near the corner of varick and spring. A little out of the way, but it is a great cool old place like mcsorleys, without the tourists.

Agreed. Totonno's is the best-- but if hanging around the City,

Grimaldi's is possible,  Totonno's is a bit away- and you should really know where you are if looking for Totonnos.

297889[/snapback]

I'd be happy to take anybody there, would give me an excuse to go. :doh: