Brady throwing 61 mph?

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So bring able to throw a football (allegedly) at 61 mph at age 42 is normal?

Yeah that’s what I said...Jesus...

Velocity wasn’t measured at the combine until 2008. Even that is testing 20-23 year old kids/young men. Who will inevitably improve in strength and speed over the course of the next 5+ years of their lives. One, because of body maturation. Two, access to, and full time training with NFL coaching staffs. 

You are assuming that after the combine arm strength/velocity can only go down. They aren’t pitchers and don’t throw nearly the same number of fast balls or torque their elbows as often. Because of that, I would assume an NFL QB could see an increase in velocity until their late 20’s to early 30’s. For all we know Brady’s arm is on the decline, and 5 years ago he was chucking 65mph. Inversely, Josh Allen or Mahomes might be singing it at 70mph in the next 3 years.

It is not a widely tracked stat over the course of a QB’s career, and we don’t have a baseline for Brady from day one. It’s a silly speculation because

you hate the guy. If JA is throwing at 65mph 15 years from now, I am sure it will be because he’s tough as nails and a leader of men...

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yeah that’s what I said...Jesus...

Velocity wasn’t measured at the combine until 2008. Even that is testing 20-23 year old kids/young men. Who will inevitably improve in strength and speed over the course of the next 5+ years of their lives. One, because of body maturation. Two, access to, and full time training with NFL coaching staffs. 

You are assuming that after the combine arm strength/velocity can only go down. They aren’t pitchers and don’t throw nearly the same number of fast balls or torque their elbows as often. Because of that, I would assume an NFL QB could see an increase in velocity until their late 20’s to early 30’s. For all we know Brady’s arm is on the decline, and 5 years ago he was chucking 65mph. Inversely, Josh Allen or Mahomes might be singing it at 70mph in the next 3 years.

It is not a widely tracked stat over the course of a QB’s career, and we don’t have a baseline for Brady from day one. It’s a silly speculation because

you hate the guy. If JA is throwing at 65mph 15 years from now, I am sure it will be because he’s tough as nails and a leader of men...

All I know Lance Armstrong and Roger Clemons were 40-something wonders as well.

Edited by PromoTheRobot