Read this column...very touching column!

Rudyc80

let me set this up for you guys....As a Blazer fan myself the team has had a miserable season and are going through rebuilding pains but the family that this man speaks about is a die-hard fan and the story really represents all of sports rather then just the Blazers.

thought id share this with you guys cause its very true about wins + losses and how fans react but obvioulsy theres more to be thankful for wether the team wins or loses!

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian...53429199980.xml

So, what's the message of this article? "The Blazers might be losing, but at least you're alive to watch"? "Be thankful you can watch games at all"? "It doesn't matter if the entertainment product provided sucks as long as you have someone you can love so don't blame us if you're unhappy"?

let me set this up for you guys....As a Blazer fan myself the team has had a miserable season and are going through rebuilding pains but the family that this man speaks about is a die-hard fan and the story really represents all of sports rather then just the Blazers.

thought id share this with you guys cause its very true about wins + losses and how fans react but obvioulsy theres more to be thankful for wether the team wins or loses!

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian...53429199980.xml

293341[/snapback]

Puts things in perspective, Rudy.

And prayers for that family.

Puts things in perspective, Rudy.

And prayers for that family.

293717[/snapback]

Sports is merely entertainment. It's family, friends, loving, caring, sharing, etc., that makes life precious.

to amazing giant...simply put, you are a moron.

"All of a sudden, it became so precious to me just to be there."

Thats the point of the article not anything else but the fact that sports is an escape and when you REALLY love a franchise you are just happy to be around them and its not about winning or losing....its about supporting your team.

i mean in real life when you really care for someone...if tehy are going through a tough time you just dont drop them....you support them and are happy to JUST BE WITH THEM CAUE THEY MAKE YOU HAPPY.

Sports is merely entertainment. It's family, friends, loving, caring, sharing, etc., that makes life precious.

293737[/snapback]

Hmmm, I wish. Sports make life precious, and family, friends, etc etc are a pain in my ass! :devil:

This article about Portland, made me think back to one of the truly great gestures in sports that also occured in Portland a few years back when Mo Cheeks came to the aid of a young girl struggling with the National Anthem.  Here is the video for those who did not see it...

Mo Cheeks helping out with National Anthem

293817[/snapback]

That video is awesome! Thanks for sharing! Mo Cheeks- you are one classy man! That is America in a nutshell right there. The crowd helped out too. Chills man!