2 year clock?

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Huge difference?

Rex had 15 wins, 17 losses in 2 years in Buffalo.

McDermott also has 15 wins, 17 losses in 2 years in Buffalo. 

The fact that they have totally different personalities really doesn't matter much, does it?

It's also worth pointing out that Pegula gave Phil Housley a huge public vote of confidence about 6 weeks before he fired him this year.  Similar to what he did previously with Darcy Regier.

This is the big leagues and results matter.  It all comes down to Allen.

If he looks bad this year and we lose enough games, with expected key contributors not contributing, there could easily be a regime change after 2019.

I'm not sure why you are bringing the Sabres into he discussion. No comparison to make here at all. If the Pegs are running the Bills like they run an NHL team, we are in deeper trouble than when Ralph was the owner.

You are missing the point. They are making everything with a plan. They made the playoff on their first year. Then turned the cap situation around and found a franchise qb on their 2nd draft. They are structured and are building the team the right way. When did you see Rex Ryan and co. doing 1/10th of this?

Ok they presently have the same record. But this will change this year you know why? Because Ryan, the defensive guru, got fired after destroying a top defense two years in the job.

I could go on and on but if you can't see it, there is not much else I can write to change your mind.

Now, do the Pegs see it? I don't know but I sure wish they are.

Edited by MtlBillsFan

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I can easily see a scenario where they are gone at the end of this year.

Depends entirely on how things go, and what Pegula's (clueless) expectations are.

There should be a scenario, however, where these guys are gone this year if things are bad enough.

Truthfully I don't think there should be a scenario for 2019 or 20 for that fact. It would have to be absolute chaos for this to happen. The vision and stability these 2 bring speaks loudly. Look at how many FA we where able to bring in this year. No free agent wants to go somewhere thats a constant cluster $#&@. Next years FA will be about a few final pieces. Don't ef that up now by throwing out ultimatums. 

• Like (+1) 1