10 draft picks - Gotta trade up

20 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

You missed my point and wasted your rant.  Your obnoxious post was unwarranted.

My point is that those extra picks are late, don’t have a ton of trade value and are also unlikely to yield many productive players.  I’m confident that the team isn’t stressing that there isn’t room for 10 picks to make the roster.

Maybe you should change the title of the thread. It doesn’t exactly sum up your point.  

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:50 PM, gobills1212 said:

Nah brah, nothing was missed. 

Rant was warrented and id do it again and more obnoxiously if you make me do it again. Your point isnt A, complicated B, new discussion (both initial and extended points within the topic C, assumed to a degree that football people who make football decisions understand football drafts and how picks are both valued and utilized. If you didnt have to stick up for your own lazy post, youd have the time to search and find this has already been covered ad nauseam. 

So, ya... double down and make it even more warrented. On second thought, maybe just start another thread to really teach me a lesson:)

It doesnt REALLY make me mad. My time was wasted by the poster being lazy, so i get to dog em. Its only fair. Besides, its easy to ignore here and there but when its a this blatant of a repeat thread itll be noted

Good to know The arrogant "thread police" is on duty.

I don't get the reasoning that 10 is too many draft picks.  If a trade makes sense, 10 picks may give you some freedom to do it,. but if it doesn't, or there is no opportunity, having and using all 10 picks is not a tragedy, even if some of them don't make the team.  The goal is to create competition in training camp.  If you've got 7 picks in rounds 4-7  and 3 of them make the team, you shouldn't be disappointed that 4 failed.  You don't know when you draft them which of those seven drafted players are going to make the cut.  Having 7 picks in the lower rounds gives you better odds of finding players who can contribute than if you only have 4 picks.  Moreover, the ones who don't make the team, if they are at least competitive, will make other players work harder and get better.  You need 90 players on the roster in  training camp.  Sometimes, you can find a gem like Robert Foster or Levi Wallace from among the UDFAs you sign to fill out a roster, but you have better odds of finding those gems with drafted players.

• Like (+1) 1