Julio Jones doesn't care about being highest paid WR

Herc11

8 hours ago, Herc11 said:

He has been that way his entire career. If he was doing as Kirby suggested he should do, he would of been the highest paid QB many times over. If you are out to maximaize your income, you don't take a contract well below your potential just because you have endorsements and a highly paid spouse.

That’s not my point. My point is that the endorsement money will be significantly higher if you have stable long-term employment with an elite, major-market franchise that always wins and for which you develop into an all-time sports legend. He will make a ton of endorsement money for many years after his career ends too. That wouldn’t be as likely if he “maximized” his NFL income at the expense of the golden goose (i.e., consistent team-level dominance).

9 hours ago, downunderbill said:

And motivation. Didn't he admit to not giving it his all an an article somewhere?

No, he never said that. He said he got upset when he didn’t get the ball.

Edited by dave mcbride

20 hours ago, downunderbill said:

And motivation. Didn't he admit to not giving it his all an an article somewhere?

To be fair, I’d argue it’s few and far between on guys that give their all. It’s shades of grey not black and white with effort