This guy has serious talent.....

Just reading the comments... Priceless.

I do say it is pretty cool... But how practical, all that effort spent.

I hope the film crew gave him a sandwich.

Some of the notable comments:

"bacteria, flood, etc."

"I agree , besides some people in this world need to give their immune systems a work out."

"I don't think you understand the meaning of innovation. While this is cool, it's unpractical and a huge waste of time & energy. Building this takes way too much effort, for something that won't even last a month. While he could've used all that energy to build infrastructure to his village, he chose to do low IQ mud hut building that any mogoloid with an IQ of 60 can build. Way to celebrate literally nothing."

"I sure hope you tested for Radon gas."

This comment is a bit out there:

"This puts all builders to shame, this guy is amazing, I’d be happy to pay him to build my house."

REPLY TO ABOVE COMMENT: "Do you wanna make stuff that looks good for 2 days or stuff that has to last at least 30 years ? You want a pool great huge part of the pool is to have a water filtration system that works so the stagnant water does not turn in to a green pond. You want a basement it needs to be structurally safe surrounded with aggregate around walls needs hydro insulation so you dont get a metric ass ton of mold and a foundation that will be abel to hold the heavy walls and the house above them with out breaking. You stike me as the kind of person that would not know how to find a good builder to save your life ..... would mannage the builder poorly and be pissed with the resaults for the rest of you life."

? God love thev internet!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just reading the comments... Priceless.

I do say it is pretty cool... But how practical, all that effort spent.

I hope the film crew gave him a sandwich.

Some of the notable comments:

"bacteria, flood, etc."

"I agree , besides some people in this world need to give their immune systems a work out."

"I don't think you understand the meaning of innovation. While this is cool, it's unpractical and a huge waste of time & energy. Building this takes way too much effort, for something that won't even last a month. While he could've used all that energy to build infrastructure to his village, he chose to do low IQ mud hut building that any mogoloid with an IQ of 60 can build. Way to celebrate literally nothing."

"I sure hope you tested for Radon gas."

This comment is a bit out there:

"This puts all builders to shame, this guy is amazing, I’d be happy to pay him to build my house."

REPLY TO ABOVE COMMENT: "Do you wanna make stuff that looks good for 2 days or stuff that has to last at least 30 years ? You want a pool great huge part of the pool is to have a water filtration system that works so the stagnant water does not turn in to a green pond. You want a basement it needs to be structurally safe surrounded with aggregate around walls needs hydro insulation so you dont get a metric ass ton of mold and a foundation that will be abel to hold the heavy walls and the house above them with out breaking. You stike me as the kind of person that would not know how to find a good builder to save your life ..... would mannage the builder poorly and be pissed with the resaults for the rest of you life."

? God love thev internet!

Yeah that's true. In the end it does seem like a huge waste of time, but it's crazy how he dug all that out with the "tools" he used. In the end though it won't last no longer than a matter of a few hours though lol

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

seems to me that the detractors are clueless on how the rest of the world lives.

immune system....  they've lived there for centuries. their immune system has adapted. 

the pool, fetid water and filtration system?     Fracking clueless.  

he's got a place to live and at what cost? Time and labor. 

Unless this guy lives where there are monsoons and floods an underground home is very efficient. 

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah that's true. In the end it does seem like a huge waste of time, but it's crazy how he dug all that out with the "tools" he used. In the end though it won't last no longer than a matter of a few hours though lol

Not taking anything away, the man's got gumption!

Line whole thing with concrete like a gunite pool.  Install a filteration system for pool and a sump pump so his house doesn't flood... Maybe a retractable roof used during rain storms with a French drain around it... Is he going to need an electrical feed? Can he pump by hand?  If he dug that... Can he dig a downhill, gravity fed drain?

... And an easy on/off from waterfall... Along with some kind of ventilation system for the candles, maybe a canary for CO detector?

How the hell did he clean the webs out of the bamboo?

I wonder what @BringBackFergy thinks of my improvements?  LoL...

...We don't want bacteria, flood, and pestilence to entomb that man in his humble abode.

But, right on, seems he's very talented.  Like when he did the simulated clipboard siding.  One poster commented when he added that: "No!  Did he just add siding!"  LoL...

On second thought, why not just live under the waterfall?

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

seems to me that the detractors are clueless on how the rest of the world lives.

immune system....  they've lived there for centuries. their immune system has adapted. 

the pool, fetid water and filtration system?     Fracking clueless.  

he's got a place to live and at what cost? Time and labor. 

Unless this guy lives where there are monsoons and floods an underground home is very efficient. 

Thing will entomb him during the first major rainstorm.  It's a tropical place.  Monsoons?  

Yeah... He's got a place to live... For a month.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Oh... Maybe a chimney directly to surface, with rain guard.  What happens when his roof to the house becomes saturated... That's where the french drain is needed.

@ShadyBillsFan "Trench Fever" is very real:

http://blogs.biomedcentral.com/bugbitten/2014/11/10/parasites-and-diseases-in-the-trenches-of-world-war-i/

Trench fever”, as the name suggests was a disease that was prevalent in the trenches in World War I. It was first reported from troops in Flanders in 1915 when individuals suffered from the sudden onset of a febrile illness that relapsed in 5 day cycles. At the time the aetiological agent responsible for the disease was unknown.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Not taking anything away, the man's got gumption!

Line whole thing with concrete like a gunite pool.  Install a filteration system for pool and a sump pump so his house doesn't flood... Maybe a retractable roof used during rain storms with a French drain around it... Is he going to need an electrical feed? Can he pump by hand?  If he dug that... Can he dig a downhill, gravity fed drain?

... And an easy on/off from waterfall... Along with some kind of ventilation system for the candles, maybe a canary for CO detector?

How the hell did he clean the webs out of the bamboo?

I wonder what @BringBackFergy thinks of my improvements?  LoL...

...We don't want bacteria, flood, and pestilence to entomb that man in his humble abode.

But, right on, seems he's very talented.  Like when he did the simulated clipboard siding.  One poster commented when he added that: "No!  Did he just add siding!"  LoL...

On second thought, why not just live under the waterfall?

Thing will entomb him during the first major rainstorm.  It's a tropical place.  Monsoons?  

Yeah... He's got a place to live... For a month.

Did you mean "clapboard" siding? I know you hold a clipboard all day checking off "Things to do" on your list but get with the federal program man!!

As for your other improvements....why do you insist on changing things that obviously work naturally. 

* Fish used to roam our waters without borders until you decided to stop their natural migratory patterns with steel walls and valves/pumps.

* Our rivers used to flow naturally along a pre-ordained path but you decided to stop that path and charge fees for law abiding citizens to transit through your concrete tub.

This fella needs one tool: A small Kubota excavator and he could travel from village to village digging pools and houses for all his fellow tribesmen (and tribeswomen). That is all. He can keep the loin cloth and the "Buffalo Bills Superbowl Champions 1992" tshirt, but he needs an excavator.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Did you mean "clapboard" siding? I know you hold a clipboard all day checking off "Things to do" on your list but get with the federal program man!!

As for your other improvements....why do you insist on changing things that obviously work naturally. 

* Fish used to roam our waters without borders until you decided to stop their natural migratory patterns with steel walls and valves/pumps.

* Our rivers used to flow naturally along a pre-ordained path but you decided to stop that path and charge fees for law abiding citizens to transit through your concrete tub.

This fella needs one tool: A small Kubota excavator and he could travel from village to village digging pools and houses for all his fellow tribesmen (and tribeswomen). That is all. He can keep the loin cloth and the "Buffalo Bills Superbowl Champions 1992" tshirt, but he needs an excavator.

Damn AutoCorrect!  You got me this time @BringBackFergy BUT, I will be back!

[I don't got time for this BS, phone is ringing off the hook!]

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Oh... Maybe a chimney directly to surface, with rain guard.  What happens when his roof to the house becomes saturated... That's where the french drain is needed.

@ShadyBillsFan "Trench Fever" is very real:

http://blogs.biomedcentral.com/bugbitten/2014/11/10/parasites-and-diseases-in-the-trenches-of-world-war-i/

Trench fever”, as the name suggests was a disease that was prevalent in the trenches in World War I. It was first reported from troops in Flanders in 1915 when individuals suffered from the sudden onset of a febrile illness that relapsed in 5 day cycles. At the time the aetiological agent responsible for the disease was unknown.

I did not say it wasn't an issue for everyone.   I'm saying that people adapt to their surrounding environment. 

I have worked in numerous countries around the world. 

In places like Africa and India you would be amazed that the poor people can do with the simplest of tools.

You would also be amazed to see women gathering water from the same trough as cows for their personal needs. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I did not say it wasn't an issue for everyone.   I'm saying that people adapt to their surrounding environment. 

I have worked in numerous countries around the world. 

In places like Africa and India you would be amazed that the poor people can do with the simplest of tools.

You would also be amazed to see women gathering water from the same trough as cows for their personal needs. 

Collecting rare earth minerals for the cellphone screen I am on right now?

I like to think I get it.

Of all the gold mined in human existence... It would almost fill up an Olympic sized swimming pool.  In the last 60 years... More than half that was mined. IN ALL OF HUMAN EXISTENCE.

EDIT: Or was that 2 pools?  I forget... But that's not a lot.

Oh... (People) they are toiling in the dirt more than ever now.  

Now working is one thing. Living, sleeping, eating, in a trench another.  I am sure they can handle it better than we can... 

Again... Not knocking his creativity.  But this isn't a novel idea.  Waking up in the middle of the night because your roof became saturated is another thing.

Reinforce it, pump it or drain it somehow... Yeah you got a great bunker, bomb shelter to hunker into. 

Again... It's cool, until the pool goes stagnant.

I am sure the film crew can help him out.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Collecting rare earth minerals for the cellphone screen I am on right now?

If I told you what I was doing .......  I'd have to "silence" you 

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Of all the gold mined in human existence... It would almost fill up an Olympic sized swimming pool.  In the last 60 years... More than half that was mined. IN ALL OF HUMAN EXISTENCE.

that doens't seem like a heck of a lot.  

I bet Don alone has enough gold to fill a swimming pool  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If I told you what I was doing .......  I'd have to "silence" you 

that doens't seem like a heck of a lot.  

I bet Don alone has enough gold to fill a swimming pool  

Yeah... Not a lot. I want to say it's 1.5 pools. The kicker is... More than 1/2 has been mined in last 60 years.