Top 9 Baseball fights video

elcrusho

What???  Where is Ray Knight cold cocking Eric Davis at third to ignite the Mets-Reds brawl in '86??

290225[/snapback]

Yeah, I noticed there were a few prominent fights missing.Brian McRae storming the dugout is out too.

What???  Where is Ray Knight cold cocking Eric Davis at third to ignite the Mets-Reds brawl in '86??

290225[/snapback]

The greatest part about that was the aftermath. After the brawl, the Mets only had eight position players left, and so rather than empty his bench completely, Davey Johnson alternated Roger McDowell and Jesse Orosco between pitcher and rightfield depending on who was batting. I remember Pete Rose, who was managing the Reds at the time, bitching and moaning that McDowell and Orosco shouldn't get warmup pitches every time they replaced each other. Probably he had money on the game. :lol: The Mets won that game in the tenth inning when Howard Johnson -- the lone position player remaining on the bench -- pinch-hit and slammed a three-run homer. Good times. :P

Don't forget Ray was a Golden Gloves boxer in his youth!

The greatest part about that was the aftermath.  After the brawl, the Mets only had eight position players left, and so rather than empty his bench completely, Davey Johnson alternated Roger McDowell and Jesse Orosco between pitcher and rightfield depending on who was batting.  I remember Pete Rose, who was managing the Reds at the time, bitching and moaning that McDowell and Orosco shouldn't get warmup pitches every time they replaced each other.  Probably he had money on the game.  :lol:  The Mets won that game in the tenth inning when Howard Johnson -- the lone position player remaining on the bench -- pinch-hit and slammed a three-run homer.  Good times.  :P

290305[/snapback]

I remember it well. That was the game the Mets should have lost in 9 innings but Dave Parker dropped the last out and instead allowed the Mets to tie the game and go to extra innings, setting the stage for the fight and the crazy line up. It also was the last straw for George Foster, who was bitter about losing playing time and having his career wind down. He was the only guy who stayed on the bench during the fight and was released several days later.

I've never followed a team that was more fun to root for than the '86 Mets.