Travis Haters

Dawgg

Shelton got props for playing on the bad ankle, not because he was healthy.

As for him being a bargain at $3M, yes, if he was a good LT.  He's not, which means they would probably be looking to replace him soon after he became a Bill.  The next option is a move inside.  I don't know if that would be good, but at $3M per year, at that point it HAS to be.  Third option is cut him, in which case you have nothing to show for trading Henry except for the wasted snaps for other players.

I think it boils down to talking about trading for a player who is not that good to fill a position of uncertainty. The cost in terms of personnel and cap space isn't that significant but desperate moves seldom pay off and sometimes set you back.  See the Drew Bledsoe acquisition.  Maybe I'm wrong, but picking up guys like Jason Gildon and Eddie Robinson looked like good moves for much the same reason adding Shelton seems like a good move.

291666[/snapback]

so, badol, do you think it's a better idea to simply draft a left tackle in the second round with the hope of him becoming a solid starter by, say, week 6? if there is such a guy, i'd do it. donohoe, for all of his flaws, has been pretty solid at getting LT's. I'm admittedly a bigger jennings fan than most, but i think everyone has to admit he was a damn good pick for a late 3rd rounder. there's also john jackson, one of the better 6th round LT's of the past 15 years. he's one of the few guys who could shut bruce down.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, badol, do you think it's a better idea to simply draft a left tackle in the second round with the hope of him becoming a solid starter by, say, week 6? if there is such a guy, i'd do it. donohoe, for all of his flaws, has been pretty solid at getting LT's. I'm admittedly a bigger jennings fan than most, but i think everyone has to admit he was a damn good pick for a late 3rd rounder. there's also john jackson, one of the better 6th round LT's of the past 15 years. he's one of the few guys who could shut bruce down.

291675[/snapback]

The thing is, Jennings played RT for at least a full season.

I know that he is old, but did the titans decide to keep Hopkins? He was rumored to be a possible cap cut.

The thing is, Jennings played RT for at least a full season.

I know that he is old, but did the titans decide to keep Hopkins? He was rumored to be a possible cap cut.

291741[/snapback]

jennings played rt in part, i think, because fina was still entrenched at lt. as for hopkins, i'm not actually sure he was cut. if so, he'd be a great late may signing.

291675[/snapback]

I don't know. Having a quality line coach like McNally and a mobile QB like Losman changes perspective somewhat. Are Teague or Williams options at LT? I'm skeptical about transitioning a draft pick directly to a starting LT position in the NFL, but it happens. The Bills will be hard pressed to find a more gifted athlete for the position than Jason Peters, but can McNally get him ready? The Bills don't lack options at LT, there is just a lot of uncertainty.

You say that Travis gave us little to complain about, but then you seem to imply that we should expect nothing better than a 4th or 5th round pick. If Travis is so great, he's worth at least a second round pick.

290446[/snapback]

Huh? I was talking about two different time periods and showing how attitudes about Travis Henry so quickly changed.

If that wasn't clear, my B. I suck at writing clearly. I really ought to get a refund for my crappy education. (Not being sarcastic.)