Travis Haters

Dawgg

This article is accurate. Contrary to the popular belief on this board, Henry wasn't a locker room cancer when he was benched.

He was a great player for the Bills and hopefully will have the opportunity to land on his feet elsewhere. Willis Mcgahee is simply beter, but that doesn't make swipes at TH justified. If the Bills can treat Drew Bledsoe with so much class, why can't they do the same for Travis?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...ha.henry/1.html

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article is accurate. 

290155[/snapback]

How is the article accurate? They're basically telling the Bills to cut bait and take whatever Arizona will give them for Henry. Why the hell should the Bills do that? They have a player under contract that has value on the market. Part of this negotiation is determining what that value is. Just because the time frame isn't to SOME people's liking why should the Bills be painted as the bad guys?

If the Bills can treat Drew Bledsoe with so much class, why can't they do the same for Travis?

290155[/snapback]

The Bills released DB because he had NO trade value at his current contract level. TH has trade value and therefore will not be released. Is this what you are referring to when you say "treated with class"?

This article is accurate.  Contrary to the popular belief on this board, Henry wasn't a locker room cancer when he was benched.

He was a great player for the Bills and hopefully will have the opportunity to land on his feet elsewhere.  Willis Mcgahee is simply beter, but that doesn't make swipes at TH justified.  If the Bills can treat Drew Bledsoe with so much class, why can't they do the same for Travis?

290155[/snapback]

Bro, I am not saying this to offend you, but calling Travis Henry a "great player" serves to take away the credibility of whatever point you are trying to make.

Sorry.

I agree that the Bills should trade Henry this offseason. Not because of any desire to "treat a player with class" but to get maximum value for someone who will walk in a year anyway. I have no problem with TD holding out for a better deal if he thinks he can get one; but ultimately Henry must be traded.

This article is accurate.  Contrary to the popular belief on this board, Henry wasn't a locker room cancer when he was benched.

He was a great player for the Bills and hopefully will have the opportunity to land on his feet elsewhere.  Willis Mcgahee is simply beter, but that doesn't make swipes at TH justified.  If the Bills can treat Drew Bledsoe with so much class, why can't they do the same for Travis?

290155[/snapback]

The claims are that Travis became a lockroom cancer after he was benched -- not before. I certainly believe he was playing his hardest before it became apparent that Willis is the better back. Drew remained positive until he was shown the door. Travis has not been positive since Willis got his first carry. The Bills have expressed their hopes for Travis to have success in the future as well. I think the Bills have been much, much more classy about this than Travis has.

All good "bro" but just to put my definition of great in context -- I simply mean that he was a top 10 running back for the Bills for two years. I didn't say that he earned a ticket to Canton. But in the two years he was a full-time starter, he was a huge component of the team's success and played "great" for them.

Do I think he is a "great" player in the likes of a perennial Pro Bowl star? Not really.

Bro, I am not saying this to offend you, but calling Travis Henry a "great player" serves to take away the credibility of whatever point you are trying to make.

Sorry.

290165[/snapback]

290155[/snapback]

I was the biggest TH fan on this board and I supported him fully until his agent gave him some stupid advice about whining and bitching!

Sorry but he isn't in any position to make demands.

Travis was a MAN when he was benched in favor of Willis and should've continued to take the high road but didn't. How can you feel sorry for that?

290155[/snapback]

i don't hate TH and never posted anything negative about him. but the article gives him credit for not being a locker room cancer and being a good sport. To quote Chris Rock "That's what your SUPPOSED to do!" i can't credit him for NOT doing something. Anywho, he is under contract no matter what happens, so his threats to sit out are not admirable.

But that's the point - Travis actually was not a locker room cancer, even after he was benched. He also kept his mouth shut and never lashed out publicly until the season ended. If you want to see an example of a locker room cancer, read Patriot Reign -- that book on the Pats dynasty... it explains how Drew Bledsoe truly was after being benched in favor of Brady.

The claims are that Travis became a lockroom cancer after he was benched -- not before. I certainly believe he was playing his hardest before it became apparent that Willis is the better back. Drew remained positive until he was shown the door. Travis has not been positive since Willis got his first carry. The Bills have expressed their hopes for Travis to have success in the future as well. I think the Bills have been much, much more classy about this than Travis has.

290169[/snapback]

He spoke out in the offseason because and I think he is entitled to do so. The main thing is that he wasn't a cancer during the season.

I was the biggest TH fan on this board and I supported him fully until his agent gave him some stupid advice about whining and bitching! 

Sorry but he isn't in any position to make demands. 

Travis was a MAN when he was benched in favor of Willis and should've continued to take the high road but didn't.  How can you feel sorry for that?

290181[/snapback]

Nope. Maybe they were just posturing, but they said they initially entered in trade discussions with Dallas, but because Drew preferred to become a free agent, they decided to accommodate him and grant him his unconditional release.

Moreover, they asked Drew if he would come back to become the backup. He declined, and they released him early on in the season. Are they doing anything similar for Travis? Travis has said he will not accept a backup role here, so why not expedite the process rather than drag it on? The author has a point about the market for running backs.

We'll see how it turns out I guess.

Is this what you are referring to when you say "treated with class"?

290163[/snapback]

All good "bro" but just to put my definition of great in context -- I simply mean that he was a top 10 running back for the Bills for two years.  I didn't say that he earned a ticket to Canton.  But in the two years he was a full-time starter, he was a huge component of the team's success and played "great" for them. 

Do I think he is a "great" player in the likes of a perennial Pro Bowl star?  Not really.

290179[/snapback]

What success? The team had little to no success during the two years about which you speak. During this period, Travis DID compile lots of yards rushing. He also gave away the football to our opponents time and again, and cost us wins.

Additionally, he did nothing else well. A case could also be made that his yards were a result of teams blitzing the statuesque Drew who played behind an OL with inferior pass blocking skills. Defenders in essence were running past him in an effort to get to Drew. Even at that, he lacked breakaway speed.

The good news is that he will soon be traded or cut.

PS: I am sorry if the term "Bro" offended you.

Nope.  Maybe they were just posturing, but they said they initially entered in trade discussions with Dallas, but because Drew preferred to become a free agent, they decided to accommodate him and grant him his unconditional release.

Moreover, they asked Drew if he would come back to become the backup.  He declined, and they released him early on in the season.  Are they doing anything similar for Travis?  Travis has said he will not accept a backup role here, so why not expedite the process rather than drag it on?  The author has a point about the market for running backs.

We'll see how it turns out I guess.

290199[/snapback]

if the Bills pull off the deal on draft day and move up 10 spots, how will you feel about it?

The point here is that at this point, Henry's interests are different from the Bills' interests. It's in Henry's interest to make 100% sure he gets traded as quickly as possible, which is why he and his agent are pushing so hard for the Shelton trade. It's in the Bills' interests to make sure they get everything they can for him, which is why they're taking their time.

but they said they initially entered in trade discussions with Dallas, but because Drew preferred to become a free agent, they decided to accommodate him and grant him his unconditional release.

290199[/snapback]

The conversation went something like this....

TD: Hi Jerry. I hear you are interested in Drew?

JJ: Yep.

TD: How about a conditional 7th round pick in 2015?

<click>

TD: Jerry? You there? How about a bag of practice footballs? It was only a starting point. You don't have to get all huffy about? Come back!

TD(talking to MM): No market. Cut his a$$ now!

I dont hate Travis Henry. My 15 year old daughter, for some reason, is a big fan. She pretends to have late night phone conversations with him locked in the bathroom. HAHA, she is a funny girl.

By the way, anyone here been parking that Hummer down the street from my house? Your rap music is really loud.:lol:

I dont hate Travis Henry. My 15 year old daughter, for some reason, is a big fan. She pretends to have late night phone conversations with him locked in the bathroom. HAHA, she is a funny girl.

By the way, anyone here  been parking that Hummer down the street from my house?  Your rap music is really loud.:lol:

290221[/snapback]

Funniest thing I've read today.