A Summary Of TSW Picks

Astrobot

OLB Rian Wallace, Temple

3rd I'd really like to replace Posey, I feel he doesn't make many plays and I really like some of the talent coming out. Player that I think could make a great impact is Rian Wallace from Temple, he is a machine and at 6'4" 250 pounds he has the size to play LOLB. A very good pass rusher who may develop into a good every-down LB and push Posey for the starting position on the strong side.

CB Corey Webster, LSU.

A star as a junior, his stats and production slipped a little this year. Size and ability will probably make him go higher than our first pick, but he might be there at the top half of the 2nd round. CB may not be the biggest need, but if Vincent turn FS full time, our corner back depth for nickel and dime is Thomas and Greer, then nobody....A very good 3rd CB is more important than a back-up S in trying to win now.

C/G Ben Wilkerson, LSU

Both Wilkerson and [Vince] Carter were Cs through college, but looking at the inside OL listed as of now I would rather have both these guys, than one of them + a G. Shouldn't be impossible to make one or both if needed into Gs, and would give us some quality inside help, and some competition for the starting LG spot.

C/G Vince Carter, Oklahoma I like Wilkerson from LSU and Vince Carter of Oklahoma (4.85 40) at C. I'm trying to be realistic as to who else will be available in the 2nd, but so far I think the G from Virginia, Elton Brown and C.J. Brooks from Maryland are possibilities. Pass rusher will have to come from free agency. I don't care if it's a tackle or end, just someone who gets consistent heat on the QB.

CB Carlos Rogers, Auburn

CB Marlin Jackson, Michigan

CB Antonio Perkins, Oklahoma

The Bills would do well to snag Perkins in the 2nd round. The kid had a leg injury to deal with this year, but is a very solid CB who could develop into a stud. The Bills need a good 3rd CB now that Vincent is over at FS, and also Perkins would be an excellent insurance policy in case Clements bolts for free agency in 2006.

OG Elton Brown, David Baas, Rob Petitti, Marcus Johnson

OG Chris Kemoeatu, Utah

Chris Kemoeatu of Utah [has] been more impressive than Mayes, plus [he's] big, mean, and nasty, something we need in the interior of our offensive line.

OT Adam Terry, Syracuse

OT Chris Colmer, NC State

I'd love to see the Bills go after an OT since you can never have too much Offensive Line depth. Two guys who I really like are Adam Terry from Syracuse and Chris Colmer from North Carolina State. Terry is an Upstate New York type of guy...was born, raised and played college football here and I'd love to see him suit up for the Bills. As for Colmer, you might remember him since he sat out the 2003 with Parsonage-Turner syndrome which weakened his arm. Its an uber-rare disease but he was cleared to play and apparently has beaten it. Colmer has top 10 talent but will slip into the 2nd round (unless he has a monster combine) because of his disease. I would totally take a shot at him though if we have two 2nd rounders just because his talent level would be leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the 2nd round options.

OT Khalif Barnes, Washington

This draft would give us truly great depth on the offensive line, while giving the new LT and C time to learn and adjust.

WR Chris Henry

No wideout in college is a better home-run threat. Averaged 25 yards per on 41 catches and was still learning. Ranked 36th on ESPN's Top 100.

K Nugent, Ohio State

I seriously think this is our best option, and I guarantee you if we don't take him in the 2nd round, the Jets will take Nugent with their pick after ours and make us pay for years. Nugent is a weapon, and is the best kicking prospect to come out of college in the last decade. Think Jason Elam, Version 2.0. Nugent is one of the most accurate kickers in NCAA history and would already be a top 10 kicker the second he enters the NFL. He knows how to kick in bad weather and is uber-clutch, as he's had many game-winning FG's throughout his career. Plus, the guy can nail 50 yarders with ease and has outstanding character. With Nugent, we win two more games next year then we did this year, just by having such a damn good kicker.

I'll review by position:

CB

Rogers has been moving up and was a guy I initially had pegged as a potential pick but don't see lasting to our pick now.

Jackson has seen his stock drop and might fall to the 2nd Round but suspect he'll be gone by the time we pick.

Webster and Perkins are two CBs I can see falling to us. I'd be happy with either one as a nickel back in 2005 and eventual replacement for Nate in 2006.

OG

Elton Brown and David Baas should both be gone by the time we pick, would easily take either over any CB.

Marcus Johnson and Chris Kemoeatu: I'm not high on either one even though both could be available when we pick in Round 2.

CJ Brooks. If take a CB in Round 2, he'd be worth looking at in Round 3.

Rob Petitti has seen his stock drop considerably, I think he'd be available in Round 4 or later but rather go elsewhere.

OC

Ben Wilkerson his injury will force him down the draft and wouldn't use a day 1 pick on him but could be a steal with our 4th Round pick.

Vince Carter Round 3 is the earliest I see anyone taking him but think could be there in Round 5.

OT

Khalif Barnes McNally felt he was the best O-lineman at the Sr Bowl, if he somehow landed to us in Round 2 then would be no need for LJ Shelton as think Barnes can be a LT in the NFL.

Adam Terry I'm not on high on Terry as others of course it could be a bias against Syracuse players as all too often they fail to live up to their draft billings.

Chris Colmer The injury scares me, he might be more talented then Terry but likely be taken after because an O-lineman with a numb arm is a scary thought.

OTHERS:

LB Rian Wallace I like the idea of added pass rush but think more of a day 2 need.

WR Chris Henry I don't see taking a WR on day 1 of the draft, infact might not even consider the position until Rnd 5.

K Mike Nugent. Even if he is the next Janikowski, I'd don't see the benefits of drafting a kicker high. See Nate Kaeding vs Josh Scobee.

astro, you should probably update your sig line. matt jones ran an average of 4.38 and won't last to the third round. I actually believe he won't be there when we pick at 55. Sucks, because I'll bet he turns into the next ed mcaffery with better size and speed. how are you going to stop a guy who's 6'6, 245 lbs and runs a sub 4.4? How? He has a 40 inch vertical. How are you going to stop him in the redzone? How?

Teams realize this and the kid is going to be snatched a lot sooner than projected before the combine. If he lasts to the end of the 2nd round I'm Cary Grant. Or Seth Blanchard, whoever that is. Seriously, who is he? Name just came from nowhere.

OG or Center in Round 2. The only wildcard ( I'm guessing) may be Attaj Hawthorne, the DT from Wisconson. That's the guy Krumrie was impressed with when he did his mauling routine on him at Wisconsons' pro day. ( That is why Tim Anderson was drafted last year )

For the OL , we need players who are ready to start NOW. So waiting for them to put on 20 lbs. or work through multiple issues isn't an option early. Only a few players fill this need.

C- Chris Spencer - Ole Miss - 6-4 310 - Good athlete, moves well. Powerful blocker. - 2nd round projection.

G- Elton Brown- Virg. - 6-4 1/2 329 - Best pure Guard in the draft. Great size and strength. Dominates his man. Will probably be gone by the Bills pick. Late 1st or 2nd round projection

G/C - David Baas - Michigan - 6-4 1/2 319 - 50/50 shot at being there in Round #2. Attractive because he could start immediately at either Center or Guard. He's that good. Solid in both the running and passing game. Great technique and strength. Nasty streak. - 2nd round projection.

G- Chris Kemoeatu - Utah - 6-3 1/2 344 - Mega strong - Average athlete who may not pull well but a complete road grader for the running game. Nasty, a bit of a temper. Suspended 2 years ago for stomping a player after a play. Dominant run blocker. - 2nd round projection

G- Claude Terrell - New Mexico - 6-2 343 - Average to good in pass protection. Dominant in the Running game. Strong Road Grader will trample his man. Smart and shows good technique. Average athlete but good in the short field. Started all 4 years. Moved to OT as a senior but is better suited for Guard, his natural position. - Projected as a 3rd rounder.

Jokeman & Astrobot...How do you feel about Logan Mankins at OG.  I haven't heard him talked about much here.  He seems to be rated somewhere in the top 5 at his position.

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2005/showplay...Logan%20Mankins

Thanks!

289677[/snapback]

Labatt, in the TBD 3-round mock of a few weeks ago, he was selected at #64 by NE. A recent update of Bengalzone's 3 rnd mock (3/27) picked him at #61 going to SD.

Jokeman & Astrobot...How do you feel about Logan Mankins at OG.  I haven't heard him talked about much here.  He seems to be rated somewhere in the top 5 at his position.

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2005/showplay...Logan%20Mankins

Thanks!

289677[/snapback]

Some places predict him at OT others at OG, most likely the best fit is OG and see him as 3rd/4th Round type pick. He could be grouped with Dan Buenning in he's not a great athlete but his work ethic and attitude make him a potential starter.

Nodnarb, FYI:

Seth BLANCHARD of Brookfield, MA was b. 1778 in MA, m. Lydia RICE of Sturbridge, MA 3 Apr 1804. Their marriage bans were posted in Brookfield, 30 Jan 1804 but his birth is not recorded there. They moved to Harmony, Chautauqua Co., NY ca 1804 where they had six children. Many BLANCHARD lines are well documented, including those of two other contemporary Seth's. Seth's daughter Lorinda married Myron BLY, son of Myron BLY.

That should clear it up.

Matt Jones is off my sig line.

I have replaced him with Kevin Everett. We still need a TE in RD#4, although others I'd be ecstatic with in RD#4 would be

Ronald Fields - DT

Dan Buenning - OL

Antonio Perkins - CB

OG Chris Kemoeatu, Utah

Chris Kemoeatu of Utah [has] been more impressive than Mayes, plus [he's] big, mean, and nasty, something we need in the interior of our offensive line.

289386[/snapback]

I read where he got Penalized for Kicking a D-Lineman in the Head...

Just got my vote! :lol: