Stability - Only 2X since 2000 have the Bills finished then started the next season with the same GM, Coach, OC, DC and QB

BuffaloBill

On 1/27/2019 at 7:34 PM, ganesh said:

It is a chicken and egg thing..If you are winning, then all of them are retained (unless they get HC gigs).  If you are losing you are constantly tinkering to improve your team!

I am sure the Patriots have the same situation except for different reasons because their coordinators are constantly in demand to become HCs.

I think to some extent, they promote from within, so the new coordinators are well versed in the systems.  The head coach and Brady have been their forever.  Josh McDaniels has been there a long time apart from his disaster in Denver.  Thus their continuity has been better than most.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

There’s no way Beane is winning a disagreement (and everyone has them) over SM.  I believe that is a problem.  Checks and balances is a good thing.  Hard to do that when your GM was hired after your coach.

Inmo, it seems that GM and HC are on the same page and work well together.But then again, who knows what goes on behind closed doors