TD's Plan is brilliant

marck

I believe that the way that TD is handling the Travis Henry deal is brilliant. The Cardinals want and need TH because they want to use their pick at the top of the draft to select CB Adam "Pac-Man" Jones.

The Bills may have to make a small concession to swap 2nd round picks and it may take a 4th round pick in 2006 to close the deal.

With the 44th pick the Bills may have their selection of guards Elton Brown and David Baas or C Chris Spencer.

This would give the Bills an excellent line with adaquate depth. Then in the 3rd round the Bills the Bills may be able to get a RB like Eric Shelton of Louisville

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerpro...ricshelton.html

Like to know what everyone else thinks.

maybe, but your still talkin about a ROOKIE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

and we also need JP to play like Rothlesburger( SP).

and we need to get shelton to play up to his potential.

and we also need to have our new starting DT not play like a revolving door for RBs.

and we need Vincent to play like a probowl FS, (which is a new position for him)

and we need McGee to play like a #2 CB.

and dont forget our kicker who isnt even allowed to try and kick anything longer than 35 yards.

I believe that the way that TD is handling the Travis Henry deal is brilliant.  The Cardinals want and need TH because they want to use their pick at the top of the draft to select CB Adam "Pac-Man" Jones.

The Bills may have to make a small concession to swap 2nd round picks and it may take a 4th round pick in 2006 to close the deal.

With the 44th pick the Bills may have their selection of guards Elton Brown and David Baas or C Chris Spencer.

This would give the Bills an excellent line with adaquate depth.  Then in the 3rd round the Bills the Bills may be able to get a RB like Eric Shelton of Louisville

289074[/snapback]

First off, I am no draftnik. However, the only one of these guys I saw regularly was Elton Brown. I thought this dude would be a sure fire first rounder, and questioned someone on this board last week who said he may be available. However, after doing some quick research, looks like I was the knucklehead as most mock drafts do not have him going in the first. My bad.

Again, never having played, coached, broken down film etc of offensive lineman, I thought this guy was awesome. I may be just overy impressed by his size, but he just totally controlled games at times for VA. I know I would be excited to see him as part of the bills .

From Scouts inc

Brown became a starting guard at UVA midway through his true freshman season in 2001. He has been a fulltime starter since, he won the Jacobs Blocking Trophy given to the ACC's best blocker in '03, and he's been flat-out dominant as a senior in '04. Brown has a massive frame and is an absolute mauler in the running game. He has the size and strength to simply overpower most defensive linemen at the point of attack when he gets into their bodies. He needs to play with more consistent leverage in pass pro and he's not an elite athlete, but he is quick for his size and he also is an intelligent and instinctive pass blocker that rarely misses an assignment. Brown is also a team captain who has shown good leadership skills for the Cavalier's tight-knit offensive line. Very few offensive guards are taken in the first round of an NFL draft, but Brown will be part of the minority in 2005. In our opinion, he's far and away the best guard prospect in this class and is one of the best two or three offensive linemen overall.

Do we? He pretty much was average at best late in the season and in the playoffs. The bottom line is he did not get them to the SB.

289127[/snapback]

You said it. His stats for the year are very pedestrian. Lotsa hype there - mostly because they were winning. Still, he was better (for the most part) than Drew Bledsoe.

I didn't expect him to get them to the SB.

Do we? He pretty much was average at best late in the season and in the playoffs. The bottom line is he did not get them to the SB.

289127[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with the Rothlisberger comment above, I saw several Steeler games and very few did he actually impress me in. The Pittsburgh defense was stellar all year. Big Ben just didn't make many boneheaded mistakes (which is great for a rookie). The truth, I think JP needs to play better than Ben did last year.

289127[/snapback]

He didn't get them to the Superbowl, true true. But he didn't LOSE them any games all year long. No Pittsburgh fan can blame either of their two losses on the shoulders of Rothlisberger. You can't say the same for Bledsoe.

What we need from JP, is what Pittsburgh got from Rothlisberger... a guy who will make a few plays, keep the defense honest for a great rushing attack, and most importantly NOT LOSE THE GAME.

289127[/snapback]

Pretty much average, but he was a rookie QB, pretty much average for a rookie QB in the NFL is pretty damn good I would say.

and we need to get shelton to play up to his potential.

and we also need to have our new starting DT not play like a revolving door for RBs.

and we need Vincent to play like a probowl FS, (which is a new position for him)

and we need McGee to play like a #2 CB.

and dont forget our kicker who isnt even allowed to try and kick anything longer than 35 yards.

289122[/snapback]

For the record, Big Bens own statistics were pretty average. What he had was a great supporting cast. However, i think it is important to emphasis the coaching

job that they did in Pitt to get those players to play hard was truly amazing. Both Oliver Ross and Keydrick Vincent were perennial backup who got to play due to injuries to starters and they were part of the best OL in football last year. Big Ben wouldn't have won those games without them.

289122[/snapback]

Not necessarily, although that would be great. We need a dominant O-line with a game breaking running game and a helluva defense to secure leads late in games. So far, we only have 2 of the three. Guess where we are lacking? Thank God for those ST!

289122[/snapback]

Why is that? I think with the players we have already or possibly a later veteran pickup the LG spot could be filled. I don't necessarily think that even if the Bills draft a guard that he'll be asked to play right away. The position I'm worried about is Tackle, but in this scenario that position is taken care of.

I believe that the way that TD is handling the Travis Henry deal is brilliant.  The Cardinals want and need TH because they want to use their pick at the top of the draft to select CB Adam "Pac-Man" Jones.

This would give the Bills an excellent line with adaquate depth.  Then in the 3rd round the Bills the Bills may be able to get a RB like Eric Shelton of Louisville

289074[/snapback]

LOL, the playoffs are not a guarantee for any team. We should've made it last year but the first four games really screwed things up nicely.

I'd have to agree with the Rothlisberger comment above, I saw several Steeler games and very few did he actually impress me in.  The Pittsburgh defense was stellar all year.  Big Ben just didn't make many boneheaded mistakes (which is great for a rookie).  The truth, I think JP needs to play better than Ben did last year.

289134[/snapback]

I'd have to disagree. When Pittsburgh started winning last year, Roethlisberger was playing lights out and the defenses couldn't defend him for the first 5-6 games he played. Once they figured him out, the Steelers relied on Bettis and their defense to win games, which they did.

The Bills will probably have a similar formula for 2005. We know the defense is there and we know they'll run the ball. The trick is to determine when to have Losman make some plays and keep the defenses off-balance. For now, though, I don't see the need for Losman to play like a Pro Bowl QB.

He didn't get them to the Superbowl, true true.  But he didn't LOSE them any games all year long.  No Pittsburgh fan can blame either of their two losses on the shoulders of Rothlisberger.  You can't say the same for Bledsoe.

What we need from JP, is what Pittsburgh got from Rothlisberger... a guy who will make a few plays, keep the defense honest for a great rushing attack, and most importantly NOT LOSE THE GAME.

289136[/snapback]

that is exactly my point. thank you.

we need him to play like rothlesburger, NOT ELI OR BLEDSOE.

i do think rothlesburger was WAY overrated last season, but he could have done alot worse.

as long as JP does NOT LOOSE US GAMES we will be find.