The Truth Hurts

Let's say he retires after this year in Dallas.  Who else, aside from Favre, is in front of him in line?  I can't think of anyone personally, but am I missing someone?

CW

288798[/snapback]

are you really suggesting that bledsoe belongs in the HOF? admittedly, i haven't done my homework to analyze the statistics and W-L records of the QBs currently enshrined, but i just don't ever recall watching bledsoe -- at any point in his career -- and thinking to myself, "this is one of the best players to ever play the game at his position."

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say he retires after this year in Dallas.  Who else, aside from Favre, is in front of him in line?  I can't think of anyone personally, but am I missing someone?

CW

288798[/snapback]

Keep in mind that ALL positions are eligible for HOF induction, not just QB's. The list before DB is pretty long.

Keep in mind that ALL positions are eligible for HOF induction, not just QB's. The list before DB is pretty long.

288818[/snapback]

Yeah, sure. Take out all the guys on 'roids, like Kent Hull (hey, Haslett said so!), and I'll bet that list is a lot shorter.

I can think of a few people on here who probably shouldn't read that lol

288747[/snapback]

I think it's probably good that they do so that they can recognize how much they talked up Bledsoe when he came here and apply that to their realities about Tom Donahoe and the current team. It's a big slap in the face to the egos of anyone that thinks you can have your team be competitive just because fans want it to be that way.

Every decision the Bills make is great. Until of course reality sets in.

Notice that these guy's arguments predate his time with the Bills big time.

Yeah, sure.  Take out all the guys on 'roids, like Kent Hull (hey, Haslett said so!), and I'll bet that list is a lot shorter.

288824[/snapback]

...and you would probably have to remove some existing members. Well, look on the bright side. It will keep them from having to build another wing onto the Hall.

Oh look, more lies, just like the "Buffalo passed 175,855 straight times on 3rd and 2 or less."  <_<

Show me the 14 games that we played against teams that were better than 10-5-1.  Bet you won't come close to 14.

CW

288753[/snapback]

The BILLS record with Drew Bledsoe as the starting QB against teams that made the playoffs: 4-14.

2001: 0-4. Lost to the Jets twice (9-7), Green Bay (12-4), and Oakland (11-5)

2002: 1-6. Beat NE 31-0 (14-2). Lost to New England (14-2), Tennessee (12-4), Indianapolis (12-4), Philadelphia (12-4), Dallas (10-6), and Kansas City (13-3).

2004: 3-4. Beat Seattle (9-7), St Louis (8-8), NY Jets (10-6). Lost to New England twice (14-2), Pittsburgh (15-1), NY Jets (10-6).

Record against division champs: 2-11.

Record against teams with more than 10 wins: 2-11.

The BILLS record with Drew Bledsoe as the starting QB against teams that made the playoffs: 4-14.

2001: 0-4.  Lost to the Jets twice (9-7), Green Bay (12-4), and Oakland (11-5)

2002: 1-6.  Beat NE 31-0 (14-2).  Lost to New England (14-2), Tennessee (12-4), Indianapolis (12-4), Philadelphia (12-4), Dallas (10-6), and Kansas City (13-3).

2004: 3-4.  Beat Seattle (9-7), St Louis (8-8), NY Jets (10-6).  Lost to New England twice (14-2), Pittsburgh (15-1), NY Jets (10-6).

Record against division champs:  2-11.

289061[/snapback]

Facts suck...

BUT...BUT...HE WAS A GOOD GUY AND KIND TO OLD LADIES DAMMIT!!!

<_<

2001: 0-4.  Lost to the Jets twice (9-7), Green Bay (12-4), and Oakland (11-5)

2002: 1-6.  Beat NE 31-0 (14-2).  Lost to New England (14-2), Tennessee (12-4), Indianapolis (12-4), Philadelphia (12-4), Dallas (10-6), and Kansas City (13-3).

2004: 3-4.  Beat Seattle (9-7), St Louis (8-8), NY Jets (10-6).  Lost to New England twice (14-2), Pittsburgh (15-1), NY Jets (10-6).

Record against division champs:  2-11.

289061[/snapback]

I'm assuming by 2001: 0-4 you really mean 2002?

Record against teams with more than 10 wins:

2002: 0-2

2003: 1-5

2004: 0-3

I count 1-10 vs teams with more than 10 wins.

I never said the record was good, but you'd think that if someone is being PAID to write an article, and then they start spewing things out as "facts" that they'd at least do their research and get it right...

I've always said that stats in a vacuum don't mean much. It'd make much more sense to take a look at several other QBs (who aren't named Brady) and see what their win/loss record looks like against the "good" or "playoff" teams. Culpepper, for example. Or maybe McNair, or Breese. I don't have time this afternoon, but if nobody else does it, I might look it up tonight.

CW

Nice of you to comment on what Darin wrote, even though it too was wrong.  <_<

CW

289082[/snapback]

What was wrong about it? Bledsoe isn't a choke artist against good teams? He isn't a mediocre QB who will only get into the HoF when he buys a ticket? I know you get some kind of false sense of nobility by being a Bledsoe Defender In The Face Of All Common Sense And Logic, but let it go man. Name him the Godfather of your children if you want, but you look silly jumping into the fray everytime someone posts the truth about Bledsoe being an overrated QB who got lucky that Dallas needed help at the position.

What was wrong with it?  Besides the fact that the numbers were wrong?  :doh:

CW

289097[/snapback]

What exactly that Darin posted was wrong? Are you saying some of the losses were really wins? Or are you going to quibble over "10 wins" as some sort of exalted benchmark, when in reality the facts are that Bledsoe couldn't get it done against playoff teams?

Keep quibbling there and staring at your picture of Drew while singing 'Wind beneath my wings'... <_<

1. Bledsoe's numbers weren't all that bad, not nearly as bad as what people make of them.

2. Bledsoe sucks and was a choke artist that dragged the team down into the abyss.

There you go, one for each side. Pick one.

1.  Bledsoe's numbers weren't all that bad, not nearly as bad as what people make of them.

2.  Bledsoe sucks and was a choke artist that dragged the team down into the abyss.

There you go, one for each side.  Pick one.

289103[/snapback]

I pick #2......definitely #2

I'm assuming by 2001: 0-4 you really mean 2002?

Record against teams with more than 10 wins:

2002: 0-2

2003: 1-5

2004: 0-3

I count 1-10 vs teams with more than 10 wins.

I never said the record was good, but you'd think that if someone is being PAID to write an article, and then they start spewing things out as "facts" that they'd at least do their research and get it right...

I've always said that stats in a vacuum don't mean much.  It'd make much more sense to take a look at several other QBs (who aren't named Brady) and see what their win/loss record looks like against the "good" or "playoff" teams.  Culpepper, for example.  Or maybe McNair, or Breese.  I don't have time this afternoon, but if nobody else does it, I might look it up tonight.

CW

289080[/snapback]

I'm not sure where you get your math from, but last season we lost twice to New England, once each to Pittsburgh and the NYJ. Each of those teams had 10 or more wins. That makes 4 losses. We beat the Jets at home. One win. Record: 1-4.

In 2003 we lost to New England, Dallas, Philadelphia, KC, Indy, Tennessee. Each had 10 wins. That makes 6 losses. We also lost both games to the Fish, who finished 10-6, though out of the playoffs. We beat NE in the home opener. Record against playoff teams: 1-6. Record against teams with 10 or more wins: 1-8.

In 2002 we lost the only 2 games we played against teams with more than 10 wins (Green Bay, Oakland). Record: 0-2.

That makes 2-14 against teams with more than 10 wins in games started by Drew Bledsoe.

I apologize for the typos in the initial post as that obviously caused a misunderstanding.

I'm not sure where you get your math from, but last season we lost twice to New England, once each to Pittsburgh and the NYJ.  Each of those teams had 10 or more wins.  That makes 4 losses.  We beat the Jets at home.  One win.  Record: 1-4.

In 2003 we lost to New England, Dallas, Philadelphia, KC, Indy, Tennessee.  Each had 10 wins.  That makes 6 losses.  We also lost both games to the Fish, who finished 10-6, though out of the playoffs.  We beat NE in the home opener.  Record against playoff teams: 1-6.  Record against teams with 10 or more wins:  1-8.

In 2002 we lost the only 2 games we played against teams with more than 10 wins (Green Bay, Oakland).  Record: 0-2.

That makes 2-14 against teams with more than 10 wins in games started by Drew Bledsoe. 

I apologize for the typos in the initial post.

289115[/snapback]

Liar!

Nice article! :blink:

Though it does appear that Bledsoe is a monumental loser in the NFL,

let's not forget that he is a multi-millionaire who's laughing all the way to the bank.

289128[/snapback]

Exactly......that's the main reason why I don't personally have any problem being critical of the guy after he had three years to get it done. It takes me a whole year to make 60k......this guy makes that in what - the first quarter? Some of them earn that much in pre-game warm-ups for gosh sakes. You get it done in the NFL, you are loved - even immortalized - by the fans. You don't get it done after three years, you run the risk of taking a heavy dose of "don't let the door hit ya in the arse".