Feeling better about Henry situation

jahnyc

Atlanta needed a receiver and overpaid.

Where are our offers for Henry?

289682[/snapback]

Shelton signed for 21 million three years ago (which is likely the equivalent of 25-27 million now) and was a first round pick and solid starter at one of the toughest positions in sports and we're not taking him straight up. There is an offer.

With the wealth of running backs in this years draft, it seems highly doubtful the Bills will convince Arizona to swap 2nd rounds picks in this deal.

If the Cards draft a back in rounds one or two then the game is up and we lost.

Eventually, it would seem like the Cards will have a to cut Shelton because they have three other tackels but you never know.  This gamble could end up blowing up in the Bills face.  Let's hope not.

288085[/snapback]

I think that they'll come around and make that swap. If Arizona doesn't get Henry then they have to look at RB with their first pick. By swapping second rounders it frees up their first round pick to pursue whoever they feel is the best player. If I'm Arizona I ask Buffalo to throw in a 4th round pick and I make the trade.

Shelton signed for 21 million three years ago (which is likely the equivalent of 25-27 million now) and was a first round pick and solid starter at one of the toughest positions in sports and we're not taking him straight up. There is an offer.

289692[/snapback]

Right, ONE OFFER. Now, let's re-introduce your points of contention:

1) Shelton is out of favor with the coach.

2) His fellow lineman, Davis, was the #2 pick of the draft and making a HUGE salary.

3) He will probably be cut if there is no deal.

Due to several factors, Shelton has little value to his team.

This is our lone offer for TH.

Let's see how TH does this season on another team. Frankly, I cant wait to see him lose games for someone else.

Right, ONE OFFER. Now, let's re-introduce your points of contention:

1) Shelton is out of favor with the coach.

2) His fellow lineman, Davis, was the #2 pick of the draft and making a HUGE salary.

3) He will probably be cut if there is no deal.

Due to several factors, Shelton has little value to his team.

This is our lone offer for TH. 

Let's see how TH does this season on another team. Frankly, I cant wait to see him lose games for someone else.

289700[/snapback]

Quick: Name every back in NFL history who in two consecutive seasons rushed for 2800 yards and scored 25 TDs and caught 70 passes who completely stinks. There must be dozens.

Oh, and while Henry was "losing" all those games for the Bills did he actually "win" the games he scored overtime TDs in, or three touchdowns, or late scores? Or were those team wins but he personally lost the others by, say, tripping on one play?

Okay, 2794 yards.

The Bills got a first round pick for Peerless, was he THAT good? Better than Faulk? Better than Farve?

289664[/snapback]

Rookie WRs generally don't make the big impact the Falcons were looking for. Conventional wisdom says RB is the easiest position to get an impact starter through the draft and this year is better than average for that.

Both Arizona and Buffalo face the same problem. Both have players they want to move and their appears to be only one taker. Shelton and Henry need to be moved but if they aren't both could be cut.

Running backs are easier to find than other positions and Arizona may have a chance to grab an awful good one in this years draft. Why overpay for Henry when everyone knows, your the only one that wants him? If the Cards don't draft a RB in round one then I think a trade between the two will be made but if they do, we are stuck and we better hope the Cards cut Shelton or we'll be in some serious poo poo.

From The Cards side, they'd likely pay less for Henry and they have a better idea what they are getting than if they drafted, say Cederic Benson. However, is the saving worth giving up 12 spots in the draft?

For me it wouldn't be, I'd tell the Bills take the Shelton for Henry deal straight up or we'll look elsewhere. The Cards have options and we don't at LT, that's the big problem for TD and us.

Out right releasing him will cost the Cards almost 3 million against their cap this year so they may be unwilling.  Let's hope they draft a back or the games up.

Let's wait and see.

288293[/snapback]

Outright releasing Shelton will cost the Cards cap the same amount as if they traded him

Out right releasing him will cost the Cards almost 3 million against their cap this year so they may be unwilling.  Let's hope they draft a back or the games up.

Let's wait and see.

288293[/snapback]

if the cards cut shelton, he would be a free agent - and would likely demand more than 3 mil on the open market.

if the cards cut shelton, he would be a free agent - and would likely demand more than 3 mil on the open market.

289763[/snapback]

He could demand it, but who would pay it? The Bills are one of the few teams who have a need for a LT, and the cap space to sign one (at Sheldon's current salary).

Quick: Name every back in NFL history who in two consecutive seasons rushed for 2800 yards and scored 25 TDs and caught 70 passes who completely stinks. There must be dozens.

Oh, and while Henry was "losing" all those games for the Bills did he actually "win" the games he scored overtime TDs in, or three touchdowns, or late scores? Or were those team wins but he personally lost the others by, say, tripping on one play?

Okay, 2794 yards.

289713[/snapback]

I am sure the number of backs is greater than the number of qbs who threw for 40,000 yards by the age of 33. Do you want Drew back?

OK, 39,000 yards plus.

289763[/snapback]

ah no, when you get cut in June, you don't have a chance to getting pricky with what you want. Gettinga job for the season is the top priority.