What is a high ceiling player in the NFL?

Hebert19

13 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I had my own thread in the beginning of the season on this board questioning exactly that.

what would teams with High Drafted Rookie QBs do that were saddled with Defensive Minded Head Coaches?

The trend had been that in order to SAVE the young QB a OffensivevMinded HC needed to be brought in.  With Rams and Bears as prime examples.

I figured the Browns and Jets were show ins to try for it. Didn’t think Arizona would do it (although looks like they got smart) and Buffalo never moves fast on these things so I immediately elimated them from trying it.

Yup. I didn’t like Allen as a prospect going into the draft but if Reid or McVay picked him, I’d be on board.  He is a super risky pick especially given this coaching staff.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Why is the fact that 2018 is a transition year lost on the "sky is falling,  fire everyone" posters?  The struggles we have experienced were expected.   Let's wait until this time next year to tear down this regime.

Yep, 50M plus in dead cap is too much to overcome despite feelings to the contrary by quite a number of posters here.  That could amount to 5 above average starters at various positions on a team.  Easily several key contributors.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

There's no doubt he's got a chance. He's got all the talent in the world. If he's able to scan the entire field, it's entirely possible he can be special. I think "accuracy" is not the main problem as it pertains to completion percentage; it's awareness. He locks on to his primary read too often and doesn't see the 2nd/3rd options as he either fires or takes off out of the pocket.

The kid works extremely hard and I fully expect him to spend the offseason focusing on progressions.

The one thing I can't do as a human being is pretend that I don't notice these things. Yes, I notice that our receivers are bad and that the OL is below average. But Josh has a lot of work ahead of him if he's going to reach that nebulous ceiling.

I had zero hope for JP and EJ and TT

its the duty of fans to pick out flaws, even on great teams. :D

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Sometimes I wonder if people are happier if the possibility is there to criticize versus enjoying an achievement.  I honestly believe that there are people here that would be happier if the team was failing next year versus succeeding.  

Sure would be nice to find out how people would behave in the event the Bills started piling up achievements.