John Harbaugh Staying With the Ravens

Rico

54 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Ozzie is actually stepping down I believe into a lesser scouting role while the guy under his wings all these years is taking over 

Now with them removing a Qb that had them cap strapped since that SB run forever ago they should be okay

...both good points......insane that Flacco is owed a total of $44.5 mil over the next two seasons......hardly tradeable and releasing him results in a $52.5 mil cap hit.....OUCH..

55 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...both good points......insane that Flacco is owed a total of $44.5 mil over the next two seasons......hardly tradeable and releasing him results in a $52.5 mil cap hit.....OUCH..

It's "only" a $16 million cap hit if he's released.  They would save $10.5 million by releasing him. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco-4000/

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's "only" a $16 million cap hit if he's released.  They would save $10.5 million by releasing him. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco-4000/

...I screwed up (SHOCKING right?) by adding cap hits.....but why not the $26.5 mil shown in the CAP HIT column (salary plus bonus amortization)?......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

35 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I screwed up (SHOCKING right?) by adding cap hits.....but why not the $26.5 mil shown in the CAP HIT column (salary plus bonus amortization)?...…

If they release him they don't pay his salary since none of it is guaranteed.  Released after the season results in the $16 million left of the amortized signing bonus-that $16 million is the dead cap hit.  

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If they release him they don't pay his salary since none of it is guaranteed.  Released after the season results in the $16 million left of the amortized signing bonus-that $16 million is the dead cap hit.  

...my apology bud.....going to retreat back under my rock..........:thumbsup:....