Potential Cut Candidates in the Offseason

DCOrange

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

It was “designed” to have a 3.5 million dead cap.  No team would say oh it’s only. 3.5 million dead cap its an easy out.  That would be a terrible plan and admitting a Terrible signing.   Don’t think that happens with this regime.  

I submit that is exactly how it was designed and that is exactly how the team planned. 

Edited by GunnerBill

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I submit that is exactly how it was designed and that is exactly how the team planned. 

The contract is the contract, its not an easy out after one year though.  If they do, they have to admit the signing was not a good idea.   Look how long they held onto KB when he did not even try, who was their choice.  A Whaley deciphile like Clay is easy for them to waive even with the dead cap.  The plan was not for a one and done, can they get out?  Yes.  But they will probably be leading the league in dead cap again next year when they get done waiving all the bad contracts they have.  Your goal should be 0 dead cap, to plan for 3.5 million for someone is not a good plan.

On 12/13/2018 at 5:42 PM, GunnerBill said:

I'd still take Demaryious Thomas. He came into the league a raw route runner. He is now a professor of route running. I think he could contribute in the passing game as the redzone type KB was supposed to be and as a 3rd down chain mover but he would also be a fantastic teacher for our young guys - the Foster and McKenzie's of this world. 

This.  Allen can get him the ball

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

The contract is the contract, its not an easy out after one year though.  If they do, they have to admit the signing was not a good idea.   Look how long they held onto KB when he did not even try, who was their choice.  A Whaley deciphile like Clay is easy for them to waive even with the dead cap.  The plan was not for a one and done, can they get out?  Yes.  But they will probably be leading the league in dead cap again next year when they get done waiving all the bad contracts they have.  Your goal should be 0 dead cap, to plan for 3.5 million for someone is not a good plan.

It is a liveable risk though and they knew Murphy was an injury risk.