Andy Benoit's 2018 Top Twelve Defensive Rookies; Tremaine Edmunds at 11; Cover 1 Breaks Down Edmunds in Week 14

26CornerBlitz

Just now, billspro said:

Watching a lot of QB film (mostly college) for the past 8 years. I feel I have a good sense for a legit QB.

You're making general statements about what you sense that don't translate to anything of substance regarding long term QB success at theNFL level except you maybe to you. The signs for Allen are encouraging, but he's no sure thing.  

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You're making general statements about what you sense that don't translate to anything of substance regarding long term QB success at theNFL level except you maybe to you. The signs for Allen are encouraging, but he's no sure thing.  

Andy can defend his opinion and he will have to at some point. 

I dont even know what your opinion is other than you respect the writer. Which is fine, but I don’t have to agree with him.

There’s really no point on me going over all the pluses and minuses on Josh Allen. 716 had a good post on that today. Cover 1 has some plays showing high level QB play from last week. 

Just now, billspro said:

Andy can defend his opinion and he will have to at some point. 

I dont even know what your opinion is other than you respect the writer. Which is fine, but I don’t have to agree with him.

There’s really no point on me going over all the pluses and minuses on Josh Allen. 716 had a good post on that today. Cover 1 has some plays showing high level QB play from last week. 

I already watched that and in fact posted it in the Allen progress thread yesterday. Like I already said, the signs are encouraging. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/12/2018 at 4:25 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

So far trading up for Edmunds looks like a wasted pick. They could have found a LB in the second round and had another high draft pick for the OL.

Poor choice by Beane to trade up.

Edmunds the player however has been fine. If he continues to get better he can be the anchor the defense needs for the next 5-7 years. And still only be 27. Amazing.

No. Edmunds has shown exactly why they traded for him. He has shown by far the highest ceiling of the linebackers, but was raw.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:08 PM, billspro said:

I’m confident Allen is going to be special. I have no issue writing that prediction on here as I’m right more often than not. We will see who’s opinion is right in 3 years.

Interested to see what he says if the Bills beat the Pats this week and I think there is a good chance that happens as well.

I agree and I feel I'm also right more often than not , it's just I trust my eyes and accumulated knowledge after many years of intensely following the game.

One of my main reasons I believe Allen will be special has nothing to do with stats or his physical ability but his mind. He has the mental makeup I feel a legit franchise QB needs to have. He's already shown leadership ability , he energizes his offense,which gets the most out of them and he trusts his ability to make all the throws and just oozes confidence out there. 

Anything he is lacking on the field is coachable , I expect him to make a big jump next year , which will make him scary good. With that running ability added with the ability to literally make any throw from any part of the field is almost not fair! Thrilled # 17 is a Buffalo Bill. 

• Like (+1) 1