(OT) Just got back online...how did the rest fair?

envirojeff

made it through my roof shingels didnt fair to well but it could have been worse. we were out of power for a little while but my whole street except for a few of us has been out since the storm :rolleyes:

DIB here.

Shingles lost, and the tree in my front yard did it's best to uproot itself and the driveway, but it held on. I found out that while treating my shutter gash that I'm allergic to Neosporin, so it's back to alcohol (I put some on my leg too).

Dish is back up and hopefully it can stay up ( are you listening Ivan?). I hope to be able to see the Bills this Sunday because that means that Ivan won't bounce us. Hopefully as they say "Third time is a charm".

However- I still have my shutters up.

DIB here.

Shingles lost, and the tree in my front yard did it's best to uproot itself and the driveway, but it held on.  I found out that while treating my shutter gash that I'm allergic to Neosporin, so it's back to alcohol (I put some on my leg too).

Dish is back up and hopefully it can stay up ( are you listening Ivan?).  I hope to be able to see the Bills this Sunday because that means that Ivan won't bounce us.  Hopefully as they say "Third time is a charm".

However- I still have my shutters up.

21590[/snapback]

Glad you guys are okay... I think Ivan is listening (that is to FLA, now the rest of the Gulf, another story):

Ivan

It is amazing how these beasts seem to follow the narrow path of warm water around the islands.

Take care.

the worse thing about this storm was the wait, and believe it or not I didn't lose power, after being without for a few days after Charlie hit. the power company did a great job in making sure that the lines were stronger, although others were not so lucky. I don't have any trees (after charlie) so i had that going for me, which is nice, so that means nothing could really hit my house. Which is a block house with a rock roof and almost no amount of wind could knock it down.

now we wait for Ivan.

Frogger

(Belle Isle)