Postgame thread: Bills 24 Jags 21

BuffAlone

Cool story...

My wife and I are at the Bills Game on Sunday. Great seats... Section 111 row 15. 45 yard line 15 rows up on the Jags side of the field.

Bills are up 14-0 on the Jags in the second quarter.

Jags score a td to make it 14-7.

Leanoard Fournette starts pumping his arms in the air towards us fans like "Hey... make some noise now?". Cocky? Yes... Arrogant... probably.

Next possession, the Jags score to tie it up. 14-14.

Fournette comes around again and starts his arm pumping thing again.... so I stand up and point at him and he sees me and stops. So then, I re-enact the scene from Guardians of the Galaxy where Chris Platt is getting a mug shot and pantomimes cranking an imaginary crank on his closed hand and...
9aa.gif

Lots of laughs from the fans around me.

Fournette was kind enough to invite me to join him on the side line.

I respectfully declined.

Later, he got into a fist fight in the end zone in a play he wasn't even part of and got ejected. I like to think he was still fuming over the insult I offered him and lost it. I hope so.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/25/2018 at 9:01 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Except you didn’t say it after the jets or titans games ??

I love shady, wish Richie and wood never retired it really hurt us. Shady just doesn’t seem to have the same burst. Even in those two games you mention, something just seems different. Could it be other things contributing not him aging... sure but he is at that age. Wish him and us the best, but McKenzie actually looks better running the ball out of the backfield. He is noticeably quicker. 

Grab the “Chindo”

88DC6DC1-63A0-427F-8B4A-44BB56CB50B1.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, WhickedWilliams said:

I love shady, wish Richie and wood never retired it really hurt us. Shady just doesn’t seem to have the same burst. Even in those two games you mention, something just seems different. Could it be other things contributing not him aging... sure but he is at that age. Wish him and us the best, but McKenzie actually looks better running the ball out of the backfield. He is noticeably quicker. 

Grab the “Chindo”

One of the reasons the hand-off to McKenzie worked so well is his height.  He's 5'8". I was at the game and pointed him out to my wife saying..."Look at number 19... he's 5 foot nothing!".   

Nobody on the right side of the defense could see him moving behind the o-line and could not react quick enough to prevent him from getting to the edge on the scoring play.  He's very quick too.  Downfield blocking by the receivers on the play put both corners on their *****.  Great play calling using his speed and size to deceive the defense.

It's also very light at 173.  Not someone you want as a regular running back.  He's a good role player so I don't see him getting more than a few touches a game.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/28/2018 at 9:49 AM, bdutton said:

One of the reasons the hand-off to McKenzie worked so well is his height.  He's 5'8". I was at the game and pointed him out to my wife saying..."Look at number 19... he's 5 foot nothing!".   

Nobody on the right side of the defense could see him moving behind the o-line and could not react quick enough to prevent him from getting to the edge on the scoring play.  He's very quick too.  Downfield blocking by the receivers on the play put both corners on their *****.  Great play calling using his speed and size to deceive the defense.

It's also very light at 173.  Not someone you want as a regular running back.  He's a good role player so I don't see him getting more than a few touches a game.

Its electric everytime

he touches the ball. Reminds me of Donte Hall kind of haha. Hope he continues to develope.