When $90M isn't really $90M...

10 hours ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Players pay taxes for the states they play in. A Bills player only pays NYS taxes for 8 games. California has the highest income tax rate which doesn't seem to been a problem for the Rams or Chargers.

and a player is guarantied at least half his home games tax free when playing for a Florida team by way of example.  It is a huge advantage for teams in states such as Florida.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

and a player is guarantied at least half his home games tax free when playing for a Florida team by way of example.  It is a huge advantage for teams in states such as Florida.

Same as Texas and Tennessee. Those teams not only have their 8 home games but division games in similar tax friendly states. 

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not sure what you mean by that....this has been my stance on this season for a while

I am just glad you called it what it is. Lose, Suck for Luck, Tank, Play Dead, Give up, Throw in the towel. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

that is where I am at....but knowing our luck our schedule gets easier and we start winning games

Yeah that would suck. Beat the Fish and Jest, throw in another one or two and 7-9 all over again. 

On 11/4/2018 at 5:00 PM, twoandfourteen said:

I hear a lot of the #TeamProcess guys touting how much cap space McD & Beane created & will have available to them to "rebuild" the offense. Apparently that is supposed to serve as evidence that these guys know what they are doing. 

Do you McBeaners really think ANY free agent of any offensive worth will willingly come here for the going market rate? Do you have any idea just how much you're going to have to overpay to even get one of those guys to return your call? 

There is going to be a MASSIVE tax on Free Agent signings for the Bills during the next offseason. That $90M is going to go pretty quick on the marginal-to-mediocre talent that will inevitably sign here. Not to mention that they are only going to bring in guys that know their Scripture passages as well as they know their playbook, so the talent pool is limited to begin with. 

The intelligent & rational among us will soon realize that Free Agency might as well be seen as irrelevant moving forward. McD's ineptitude and arrogance has set this team back 5-8 years, at least.

Speaking of arrogance.....you make a number of un-supported claims and assumptions. and made up the "MASSIVE tax". ...can you quantify that? We will see how free agency turns out. You might be under-estimating the value of the culture the Bills are building,and it might prove more attractive than you think. Beane likely will NOT over-pay and I expect them to mostly avoid higher-priced FA's, instead, focusing on building depth across the roster.  Beane lkes to build thru the draft and retain best own free agents when possible

On 11/4/2018 at 5:13 PM, twoandfourteen said:

So you don't think that the Bills will have any problem signing quality FAs?

it is subjective,but what is YOUR definition  of  "quality".  'Value" is more important,and there is a significant difference.

Edited by Pablocruise
spelling