#35 (AP) #21 (USAToday) UB - 48 Kent St.-14 9-1 best UB record ever

PromoTheRobot

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They've managed to keep Oats around. In fact he just bought a million-dollar place on the Niagara River in Grand Island. Part of what might keep him here a little while longer is his wife was being treated for cancer at Roswell Park. (I think she's okay now.) Speaking of, UB is at WVU Friday 9pm on ESPN2. That could be an early calling card for the Bulls. They are already knocking on the Top 25 door.

I'm sure Alnutt is talking to Lance. He may not be able to keep him but a new deal at least gives UB a nice buyout if he does go. I think Oats buyout is a million this year and goes down going forward. Same with Legette-Jack. (Not a mil but a significant figure.) Just like Oats was Hurley's assistant and moved up, they'd like to grow their next coaches from their staff of assistants.

It's unreasonable to expect to keep great coaches for long time. That's what being a mid-major is all about. But they can play the game right, maintain continuity in the program and stay successful. Then your school gets the rep of being a pipeline to the P5 and you get good people wanting to get on board.

Idk . Leipold Stayed at White water for 8 years. D111

And He was getting D1 offers that weren’t right for him so he didn’t jump...

UB was right so he transitioned... Even by his own admissions he is a guy who wants to build a program 

do I expect him to stay 15, no, but I expect him to stay a while

UB isn’t built yet, actually far from it... I’d be shocked if He bounced in the next 2 years because all he does is preach family.

UB has more $$$ to spend on football than other mac schools. He won’t have those graces at Minnesota or Iowa St

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.