Stating the obvious - the NFL talent level vs. Bills

PUNT750

6 hours ago, Chemical said:

You said the vast majority of rookie QBs struggle. Then point out a couple that ended up being good while conveniently leaving out all the others which are WAY more common. 

It’s a respectable opinion for any Bills fan to have questions about whether a prospect with Allen’s history can develop. Especially when you see this team pass for under 100 yards 5 times in the last 13 games. There has to be at least some blame or at least questions about whether this coaching staff can develop a QB. 

Im not impatient. I knew they would be bad this year. But it is never acceptable for any offense  to be this bad. I don’t care what your excuses are. 

I absolutely agree that BUSTS are way more common than success stories. 

I absolutely agree that we can/should question whether this coaching staff can develop a rookie Quarterback.

I absolutely have tons of concerns of my own, and I would be lying if I claimed to be confident in our future success.

But regardless of whether Josh Allen is going to be a Hall of Famer or the next Jamarcus Russell, what we are experiencing right now was an inevitable part of the journey.  It could not be avoided. 

The only people who have any reason to complain, are those who argued against a rebuild and wanted to build around Tyrod Taylor.  Anyone who wanted us to draft a QB in the first round should have been smart enough to know what was coming.  That's why it's maddening to read the garbage constantly being posted on here.

On 10/22/2018 at 6:32 AM, YodaMan79 said:

Green Bay doesn't normally look to FA to add to the roster talent.  They were known for not signing FAs and doing their roster upgrades strickly through the draft.  

The Bills can't rely on cap space to fix this mess.  Most good FAs are locked up before they hit the market.  A few exceptions can be made to that rule, but most of the time injury history and age play a pivotal role in why they're available.  I've never understood front offices that had to have "their guys"?  I think the sign of good coaching and personnel people is making the puzzle pieces you have work, adapting your scheme to the strengths of the roster.  

This is also reflected in the need to trade draft picks to “get our guy”.  Not smart IMO. 

On 10/21/2018 at 11:53 PM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Nothing to do? What’s there to do in Arizona? Baltimore? Cleveland? Detroit? Green Bay?!? Kansas City?! Tennessee? Cincinnati? 

That’s a garbage excuse. 

Exactly and most players don't live here in the off season anyways

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I absolutely agree that BUSTS are way more common than success stories. 

I absolutely agree that we can/should question whether this coaching staff can develop a rookie Quarterback.

I absolutely have tons of concerns of my own, and I would be lying if I claimed to be confident in our future success.

But regardless of whether Josh Allen is going to be a Hall of Famer or the next Jamarcus Russell, what we are experiencing right now was an inevitable part of the journey.  It could not be avoided. 

The only people who have any reason to complain, are those who argued against a rebuild and wanted to build around Tyrod Taylor.  Anyone who wanted us to draft a QB in the first round should have been smart enough to know what was coming.  That's why it's maddening to read the garbage constantly being posted on here.

I'm with you up until the last 2 sentences. I was on board for a rebuild and still am, but the complete incompetence on the offensive side is making me think there's no chance it will be successful, and even if Josh has potential it will be squandered by this coach. It's just TOO bad. even the Browns the last two years only had one game under 100 yards passing. This regime has had FIVE in the last 13 games.

Edited by Chemical