Question for all the Fishermen in here!!!!!!

Finally get to use some of my friggin leave! I got to use 30 days of leave before sept or ill lose it! (we are only aloud to have 60 on the books)

My dad use to take me Salmon fishing off Erie to a place call Berts Dam or its Barts Dam.

Do anyone know where it is or where I can do some good trout fishing this year besides Pennsylvania.

Good timing for your leave, as the spawning season is right around the corner. The most popular streams are 18 mile (up by the mouth, rt. 5, rt. 20 hamburg), cattaraugus creek on the seneca indian reservation, canadaway creek (fredonia). There are also some smaller tributaries that are a good option if these places are too crowded. PM me if you are interested.

Finally get to use some of my friggin leave!  I got to use 30 days of leave before sept or ill lose it! (we are only aloud to have 60 on the books)

My dad use to take me Salmon fishing off Erie to a place call Berts Dam or its Barts Dam.

Do anyone know where it is or where I can do some good trout fishing this year besides Pennsylvania.

283606[/snapback]

opening day april 1st in new york. take a trip to essex county and stay in lake placid beautiful place , fly fish the AuSable river my brother goes up there all the time . he is catch and release . he is the best realistic fly tyer in the world .

Finally get to use some of my friggin leave!  I got to use 30 days of leave before sept or ill lose it! (we are only aloud to have 60 on the books)

283606[/snapback]

You're talking 18 mile creek in Niagara county, near the village of Burt. Never been there, but it is a hot spot. NYS does a lot of stocking especially in Cattaraugus and Chautauga counties. Steelhead runs off the lake too. Of course a lot of that is seasonal. Try a charter on Lake Erie. In the summer, the breakwall under the Peace bridge, and also the north end of Squaw Island at the locks. Shore fishing is tough around Buffalo in my opinion. Be sure to have a license too. DEC is really checking a lot

Good Seatrout fishing in the Gulf of Mexico... oh, maybe that's a bit too far.

284366[/snapback]

I used a specific charter in the 1,000 islands, guy was pretty good. Any ways, he tells me last summer he is quitting his charter business. Sponsored by a major tackle mfg'er, he was going to fish the Gulf of Mexico full time. Where the hell was I when they handed out that job?????????????? :P

Are you referring to those tiny little fishes you find in the streams of western NY, or are you referring to the hawgs that inhabit the rivers of Montana? The best fly fishing for rainbow or browns is either on the Missouri between Helena and Great Falls, or up on the middle fork of the Flathead, south of Glacier. You ain't going to find any big ones looking in New York. Been there, and wonder why you guys call it fishing, when its more like netting.

My dad thought it was pretty cool watching the fishermen up on Catherine Creek, north of Elmira. I thought it was hysterical and wondered why they don't just use dynamite for all the people there. You want great trout fishing, you go to Montana. You want great Walleye, or Northern Pike, you come here to MN, we got plenty and you might not see anyone for an entire day!

I used a specific charter in the 1,000 islands, guy was pretty good.  Any ways, he tells me last summer he is quitting his charter business.  Sponsored by a major tackle mfg'er, he was going to fish the Gulf of Mexico full time.  Where the hell was I when they handed out that job??????????????    :huh:

284582[/snapback]

Same place I was... here on TBD.