Music Question

This is the saddest OLD MAN thread I have ever come across.  I think you all need to get your hearing aids fixed, then stop getting all your cd's at WalMart.  Then go read a couple issues of Mojo and begin to accept the existence of a little thing called The 21st Century.

:lol:

283781[/snapback]

That's funny, an arrogant & ignorant youth post, smack dab in the middle of the saddest OLD MAN post! How does this crap happen! ;)

This is the saddest OLD MAN thread I have ever come across.  I think you all need to get your hearing aids fixed, then stop getting all your cd's at WalMart.  Then go read a couple issues of Mojo and begin to accept the existence of a little thing called The 21st Century.

;)

283781[/snapback]

We shall laugh last. You YOUNGSTERS will suffer early deafness by your incessant I-pods, you have over a 50% rate of VD infection, you have no pensions, you seldom vote, you can't do routine repair on your cars, house maintenence mystifies you, you sign up for outrageous cell phone contracts, you couldn't write a note on a piece of paper even it if it was to beg why you shouldn't be executed, you can't sew a button on, can't open a can without using a bacteriologically infectious electric can opener, can't make a single financial move without splurting your social security number to anyone who asks for it, you buy fast and fat food that has resulted in the most porky youth in our nation's history, and so forth. Yet, we OLD MEN still try to look out for you.

Enough? I have more... :lol:0:)

Excellent topic, Poojer.

Although there are tons of bands not getting radio-play today that can write a good road tune, nothing captures the whole package (broken down van, no money, long drives, fights among band members, nervous breakdowns and hijinks) like the "documentary" Hard Core Logo by Canada's own Bruce McDonald. A fake rockumentary about an aged canadian punk rock band striking out on the road for one last reunion tour. It's a hard movie to find, but well worth it.

The soundtrack is worth owning itself for the "bands" songs.

Rock n Roll is Fat and Ugly

Edmonton Block Heater

Something's Gonna Die Tonight

As a bonus, the CD also has The Ramones' "Touring", probably the greatest road song of all time..."Touring, Touring, it's never boring." Beautiful.

We shall laugh last. You YOUNGSTERS will suffer early deafness by your incessant I-pods, you have over a 50% rate of VD infection, you have no pensions, you seldom vote, you can't do routine repair on your cars, house maintenence mystifies you, you sign up for outrageous cell phone contracts, you couldn't write a note on a piece of paper even it if it was to beg why you shouldn't be executed, you can't sew a button on, can't open a can without using a bacteriologically infectious electric can opener, can't make a single financial move without splurting your social security number to anyone who asks for it,  you buy fast and fat food that has resulted in the most porky youth in our nation's history, and so forth. Yet, we OLD MEN still try to look out for you.

Enough? I have more... :lol: :lol:

283813[/snapback]

;)0:)

You know stuckincincy, we might not always see eye-to-eye... Yet, if there is gonna be one person to change me... It is gonna be YOU!

:lol:

:P

283781[/snapback]

This, from a guy who's moniker is a bastardization of a 65 year old drummer.

For the record, the Monkees were pathetic back then and they're pathetic now. The real genesis of N'Sync types. To say that even the friggin' Monkees, who couldn't even play their own instruments for much of the time they were a "band", were better than today's music is way too idealized of the past.

The fact is, there's a lot of good music out today. It takes a little more looking around, but it's there.

We shall laugh last. You YOUNGSTERS will suffer early deafness by your incessant I-pods, you have over a 50% rate of VD infection, you have no pensions, you seldom vote, you can't do routine repair on your cars, house maintenence mystifies you, you sign up for outrageous cell phone contracts, you couldn't write a note on a piece of paper even it if it was to beg why you shouldn't be executed, you can't sew a button on, can't open a can without using a bacteriologically infectious electric can opener, can't make a single financial move without splurting your social security number to anyone who asks for it,  you buy fast and fat food that has resulted in the most porky youth in our nation's history, and so forth. Yet, we OLD MEN still try to look out for you.

Enough? I have more... devil.gif biggrin.gif

After all that you forgot to say damn I sound just like my old man did when I was 21. :blink:

Weren't the Sex Pistols also thrown together by record execs?

Check out the Drive By Truckers album "The Southern Rock Opera". The Lynyrd Skynyrd story told through the fictional band, Betamax Guilotine.

The song "Road Cases" as described by front man Patterson Hood.

ROAD CASES

When Rock Stars hit it big, they tend to put everything they own in those indestructible road cases (with the name of their band stenciled on them). Unfortunately, fame is a fleeting thing. The records quit selling but the bills keep coming in. Eventually you have to sell the road case to pay off the coke dealer. A fitting parable for fame and fortune if ever there was one.