What is Shelton worth to us?

Frez

If this guy is so good, why isnt he the starter in AZ? I know he "fell out of favor" but cmon. Worth a second, I dont think so. Why arent other teams knocking their doors down for Shelton? Something doesnt seem right about the whole situation.

If this guy is so good, why isnt he the starter in AZ?  I know he "fell out of favor" but cmon.  Worth a second, I dont think so.  Why arent other teams knocking their doors down for Shelton?  Something doesnt seem right about the whole situation.

282777[/snapback]

Why did they cut Pete Kendall who ended up playing very well for the Jets last season at guard?

I dont know, because its ARIZONA? I just think that there is something else going on in regards to this deal. Does TD not think Shelton is worth TH straight up? Does he want more? Why arent there any other teams talking trade with AZ?

I'd give up our 3rd rounder, straight up for him.  No Travis, just our 3rd rounder this year and thats it.  The Cards should crap themselves if they get such a good offer from TD, but I'm more willing to give up a draft pick in order to solidify our O-Line.

I get the feeling that if the Bills were interested in Shelton enough, they'd have been willing to cough-up the 3rd rounder awhile ago.

I dont know, because its ARIZONA?  I just think that there is something else going on in regards to this deal.  Does TD not think Shelton is worth TH straight up?  Does he want more? Why arent there any other teams talking trade with AZ?

282795[/snapback]

I heard that Henry killed the trade by wanting a $7million signing bonus

Is it the Bills or is it Arizona who doesn't want this deal done or is it both?

I heard that Henry killed the trade by wanting a  $7million signing bonus

282804[/snapback]

My guess is that Arizona was trying to save face by coming out with that 7 million dollar signing bonus thing because in that article that came out today, it seemed Travis was more than willing to play in Arizona this year and he made it sound like all that was needed was TD to okay the deal to send him to Arizona.

I think that TD is playing hardball with the Cards, and they are attempting to cover their butts in the media so they dont come off as being bossed around by Donahoe.

I heard that Henry killed the trade by wanting a  $7million signing bonus

282804[/snapback]

News today from the Henry camp is that TD is dragging his feet and he doesnt know why the trade isnt being done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2018643

If Shelton is so valuable, why is no one else chasing after him?  Denny Green knows something, and he's not talking.  TD knows something, and he's not biting.

282813[/snapback]

Im in the same boat as you. Somethings up

If this guy is so good, why isnt he the starter in AZ?  I know he "fell out of favor" but cmon.  Worth a second, I dont think so.  Why arent other teams knocking their doors down for Shelton?  Something doesnt seem right about the whole situation.

282777[/snapback]

Or, why haven't other teams come forward to trade for him, considerng that

for a LT his 3M per year salary is a bargain.

Arizona knows that since they have set their starting lineup and Shelton is

not part of it, no team is going to bite on their trade bait and give a 1st

day draft pick for him. The best they are going to get is a 4th rounder

for him. Also, unlike TH whose cap figure next year is only 1.25 M and

allows the bills to carry him on their roster, Sheltons salary is 3m + the

amortized portion of his signing bonus. It is probably prohibitive for the

Cardinals to carry a players cap of 4M when he is not going to play.

I think TD understands this much more than any of us on this board

and knows how to play the card. The worst case for TD is if he doesn't

get Shelton for a low price, he still has the Draft to get a starting Tackle

or Center (and move Teague to tackle).

Shelton is worth a 3rd rounder.

Henry is worth a 2nd rounder.

a strait up trade is not to our advantage.

283219[/snapback]

If teams are not willing to give a 2nd for Edge or Alexander, then Travis isn't worth a second rounder.

My take on this is that the NFL powers to be view Shelton's worth as a 4th rounder. I believe TD sees Travis as a good 3rd rounder at the least.

283250[/snapback]

Chicago offered two picks, a 5th this year and a 3rd next for Shelton. Arizona turned it down. They wanted a 2nd or better this year. If not the will just get rid of Clements and play Shelton at RG.