Jefferson Airplanes Founder dies

Mike in Horseheads

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I can't relate.  J.Geils band is gay.  Any band from Boston is except for Boston.

I do love that dirty water though.

Not that there is anything wrong w/that, just saying.

/very_discriminatory_against_boston

?

I would disagree... Beacon Street Union, Eden's Children, and Ultimate Spinach were all fine groups imo. Also, The Art of Lovin' was from close to there.

Edited by T&C

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

My choice for his lead vocal...  he's the top right dude.

He was a Great ballad singer and background singer but he is barely noticable on this one:

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Many might be surprised he was considered THE lead singer of the group....

I wonder by whom... I don't think he even was on the last one, Bark. BTW, that is an over looked Lp... the end of the Airplane... with Hot Tuna being thrown in. Crazy Miranda could have been on any of the first 4 really. 

Hope Marty's resting in peace... a great piece in a great big time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, T&C said:

I wonder by whom... I don't think he even was on the last one, Bark. BTW, that is an over looked Lp... the end of the Airplane... with Hot Tuna being thrown in. Crazy Miranda could have been on any of the first 4 really. 

Hope Marty's resting in peace... a great piece in a great big time.

Their few top ten hits were dominated by Grace

even during the Monterey Pop film they show her as if she is the lead singer when it’s Marty’s voice

On 9/28/2018 at 9:52 PM, Gugny said:

Since he had nothing to do with "We Built This City," which I consider the worst song ever recorded .... RIP.

But I did find out that Peter Wolf, who I love, co-wrote (along with Bernie Taupin ...really ???????) that horrible song and that makes me sad.

Literally my favorite lyricist. This makes me sad. 

22 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Literally my favorite lyricist. This makes me sad. 

always thought the best job in the rock trade was writing the songs and collecting royalties without the stress and hassle of being the front man

but even those folk couldn't handle it without damaging themselves

Edited by row_33

Just now, row_33 said:

always thought the best job in the rock trade was writing the songs and collecting royalties without the stress and hassle of being the front man

but even those folk couldn't handle ti without damaging themselves

I've always  thought it would be the studio musicians. You get to play the music you love for a living, but not have the hassle of touring. I've also thought being in a successful tribute band for The Beatles or Elvis impersonator or something would be cool. You get the perks of being a rock star with screaming fans. The full in concert experience. But then you adjourn to your dressing room, take off your wig, costume, and makeup, then walk out the door without being chased by fans.

31 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've always  thought it would be the studio musicians. You get to play the music you love for a living, but not have the hassle of touring. I've also thought being in a successful tribute band for The Beatles or Elvis impersonator or something would be cool. You get the perks of being a rock star with screaming fans. The full in concert experience. But then you adjourn to your dressing room, take off your wig, costume, and makeup, then walk out the door without being chased by fans.

you don't make millions as a studio musician.... and they didn't keep their sanity

it's just bad karma to make a living off this industry, you can't avoid it, and that's what we get to know about, the mob must be getting a silent cut

I'll state the best of roles of all time is the UK publishers who signed on for 95% of the profits of:

The Beatles and  Rolling Stones (up till the late 60s) , David Bowie (until Let's Dance and he could hit the top 40 and keep the $$), Justin Hayward for the Core 7 albums.

Edited by row_33