Wanna go back to the Union Topic?

Then never let them import back into the country or let the company do business here.

I'd bet you see a whole new wave of in country start-ups?

Of course we would have to survive the depression first.  It might be good for us in the end?

:lol:

282796[/snapback]

No thanks, I like my idea better.

And, as AD pointed out, the consumers are working hard to make it a reality.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I add?

...or think they should be paying less taxes?

282803[/snapback]

Shouldn't we all be thinking that?

Sadly, some of us have forgotten the minor detail that it is OUR MONEY.....the government didn't earn it. :D

God forbid that anyone who does work for a living and doesn't sit around a board room trading golf stories and smoking $100 Montecristo's should benefit from the profits of the company they work for.

Yup, that's what senior management does. Sit around all day with their feet on the desk, smoking stogies and drinking martinis, smacking secretaries in the ass and having a good old laugh at the expense of the "real workers". You must know this from your vast experiences in the board room. :lol:

Yup, that's what senior management does.  Sit around all day with their feet on the desk, smoking stogies and drinking martinis, smacking secretaries in the ass and having a good old laugh at the expense of the "real workers".  You must know this from your vast experiences in the board room.  :lol:

282888[/snapback]

That's the nice thing about being a suit. You don't answer to anyone. Not the board, not the shareholders...

:D

Shouldn't we all be thinking that?

Sadly, some of us have forgotten the minor detail that it is OUR MONEY.....the government didn't earn it.  :lol:

282882[/snapback]

You do enjoy services in this country... Peace and prosperity, etc..?

I guess everyone thinks they know what this price should be?

I paid a little over 8% in income tax, I don't think that is too much to ask. What is it gonna take before I piss and moan? Probably a whole lot more!

Hmmm, Joe. I'm guessing that the CEO and other bigwigs at GM pay nothing for their health insurance. They also have golden parachutes that probably include HI for life as well. You probably think that's OK though, right? God forbid that anyone who does work for a living and doesn't sit around a board room trading golf stories and smoking $100 Montecristo's should benefit from the profits of the company they work for. A travesty! Now with the cost of health care skyrocketing because of the lack of government regulations, companies don't want to pay anymore. With the Pharmaceuticals in Bush's back pocket, this is unlikely to change. That the richest country in the world cannot control medical costs is inexcuseable. So go ahead and keep consuming the conservative drivel that the blame lies with average people, not the greedy health insurance, Pharmacuetical industries . The middle class is quickly becoming a thing of the past. If companies could pay sri lanka wages with no benefits :lol:  in the US you'd bet they would in a new york second. This is why we need Unions. It probably wasn't that long ago that this type of health benefit was quite common. You act as though it is unheard of. It is, where there are no unions.

282539[/snapback]

This is a joke. CEOs don't work? I'll guaran-fricking-tee that most CEOs put in more hours a week than you do. They have huge responsibilities. Especially a CEO like GM's. These guys are in extremely high-pressure jobs where performance is the bottom line. They don't punch-in and punch out like Billy Wrenchturner every day.

They get paid a lot because they do a lot. In other words, they get paid commensurate to the value they add. Billy Wrenchturner is just that: a guy turning a wrench all day, 5 days a week. He doesn't DESERVE $35 an hour and free health insurance because that's not his intrinsic value.

All of those white-collar people probably put in more hours a week than the UAW folks because they were salaried. And yet THEY pay the price because some undereducated floor-sweeper wants his FREE health insurance? Right. That's fair.

Hmmm, Joe. I'm guessing that the CEO and other bigwigs at GM pay nothing for their health insurance. They also have golden parachutes that probably include HI for life as well. You probably think that's OK though, right? God forbid that anyone who does work for a living and doesn't sit around a board room trading golf stories and smoking $100 Montecristo's should benefit from the profits of the company they work for. A travesty! Now with the cost of health care skyrocketing because of the lack of government regulations, companies don't want to pay anymore. With the Pharmaceuticals in Bush's back pocket, this is unlikely to change. That the richest country in the world cannot control medical costs is inexcuseable. So go ahead and keep consuming the conservative drivel that the blame lies with average people, not the greedy health insurance, Pharmacuetical industries . The middle class is quickly becoming a thing of the past. If companies could pay sri lanka wages with no benefits :lol:  in the US you'd bet they would in a new york second. This is why we need Unions. It probably wasn't that long ago that this type of health benefit was quite common. You act as though it is unheard of. It is, where there are no unions.

282539[/snapback]

Oh, and another thing...the reason wages are lower today is because our industries could not compete because UNIONS demanded too much for the average employee. Why would any FOR-PROFIT business want to stay where labor costs are so high?

282539[/snapback]

>>>God forbid that anyone who does work for a living and doesn't sit around a board room trading golf stories and smoking $100 Montecristo's should benefit from the profits of the company they work for. A travesty!<<<

No, I am sure that corporate execs do more than this.

>>>Now with the cost of health care skyrocketing because of the lack of government regulations, companies don't want to pay anymore. With the Pharmaceuticals in Bush's back pocket, this is unlikely to change.<<<

You are joking, right? Didn't Hillary make millions in pharmaceutical stocks? Was she not on the advisory board at Wal Mart? Tell me that you don't buy the drivel that the dems are "friends of labor." People like the afforementioned witch and Kerry will turn on labor, and anything else (abortions, war policy, etc.) in order to get elected.

Other than that, I agree with your post. Very often, mid-level white collar workers want to feel that they are in some way superior to a union electrician, etc. It angers them to see a cops kid get braces because of benefits that their union fought for, when they perhaps cannot.

Well, if they were of such value to their companies, they too would get these benefits and more.

38,000 white collar workers at GM to lose their jobs becaus of this kind of Union greed:

"Analysts have long expected that GM would be forced to seek major concessions from the United Auto Workers on issues as fundamental as head count, capacity and benefits. For example, GM’s unionized workers currently pay nothing for health insurance."

Pay NOTHING for health insurance? RIDICULOUS!

282003[/snapback]

Joe, you are forever turning down the use of your wife's generous medical plan because she belongs to a union, right? Do you want her to waive her pension as well?

Why cry while having a loaf of bread under each arm? :lol:

Joe, you are forever turning down the use of your wife's generous medical plan because she belongs to a union, right? Do you want her to waive her pension as well?

Why cry while having a loaf of bread under each arm?  :lol:

283032[/snapback]

You know what? She PAYS for her insurance. Not like those GM schlubs. The pension isn't run by the Union (thank God), it's a function of the statefor all state employees.

Who's crying?

You know what? She PAYS for her insurance. Not like those GM schlubs. The pension isn't run by the Union (thank God), it's a function of the statefor all state employees.

Who's crying?

283040[/snapback]

Does she pay as much as non-union teachers? I HOPE that she has good health insurance. She teaches our children.

Besides, the article that you linked says that the auto workers would now have to pay some of the cost.

I think that GM cars are bad because of the profit grab made by the company in the late seventies. They made worse cars, raised the prices and outsourced jobs.

You know me. Do you think I am a leftist? That said, Michale Moore had it right in "Roger and Me."

Jmo.

Does she pay as much as non-union teachers? I HOPE that she has good health insurance. She teaches our children.

Besides, the article that you linked says that the auto workers would now have to pay some of the cost.

I think that GM cars are bad because of the profit grab made by the company in the late seventies. They made worse cars, raised the prices and outsourced jobs.

You know me. Do you think I am a leftist? That said, Michale Moore had it right in "Roger and Me."

Jmo.

283052[/snapback]

I wouldn't know, since ALL the full-time teachers in her district are in the PSEA.

Good for the auto workers. They should also have to compensate the people whose jobs they cost.

GM cars suck because GM is not an innovator in the vein of Toyota, VW or Honda.

You definitely have leftist tendencies when it comes to economics. You can't help it though, you drank the union Kool-Aid. :lol:

I wouldn't know, since ALL the full-time teachers in her district are in the PSEA.

Good for the auto workers. They should also have to compensate the people whose jobs they cost.

GM cars suck because GM is not an innovator in the vein of Toyota, VW or Honda.

You definitely have leftist tendencies when it comes to economics. You can't help it though, you drank the union Kool-Aid. :lol:

283058[/snapback]

So you think that everything in "Roger and Me" was pure BS?

Joe, they were using laid off auto workers as statues at their parties, dressed in costumes.

So you think that everything in "Roger and Me" was pure BS?

Joe, they were using laid off auto workers as statues at their parties, dressed in costumes.

283064[/snapback]

In a word: YES.

Michael Moore is a liar and professional propagandist for the union movement and the Democratic party.

He is as masterful a propagandist as any Soviet or Nazi film maker.

In a word: YES.

Michael Moore is a liar and professional propagandist for the union movement and the Democratic party.

He is as masterful a propagandist as any Soviet or Nazi film maker.

283076[/snapback]

Could you be specific and tell me exactly what was not true?

Could you be specific and tell me exactly what was not true?

283081[/snapback]

His wntire premise in that movie was untrue. He laid the death of Flint entirely at the feet of GM, and conveniently ignores the part (and a large one at that) that the UAW played.

His wntire premise in that movie was untrue. He laid the death of Flint entirely at the feet of GM, and conveniently ignores the part (and a large one at that) that the UAW played.

283089[/snapback]

Before the late seventies, GM was making great cars with the same unionized workers Joe. They were also making a good profit, right?

Anyway, even if the UAW was partially to blame, certainly you dont absolve the GM execs of all guilt, right?

You do enjoy services in this country... Peace and prosperity, etc..?

I guess everyone thinks they know what this price should be?

I paid a little over 8% in income tax, I don't think that is too much to ask.  What is it gonna take before I piss and moan?  Probably a whole lot more!

:P

282899[/snapback]

Yes I enjoy prosperity. Please explain what that has to do with the federal government overtaxing its citizens? Are you suggesting that prosperity comes from the government rather than the private sector? :blink:

If I paid 8% in income taxes, I wouldn't think it was too much to ask either. Unfortunately, our tax policies badly discriminate against certain people.

Of course, the concept of taxing people for producing and earning is ludicrous to begin with. All taxes should be based on consumption, not production.