Belichick: "What it takes to win" hasn't changed

notwoz

I think they were basically just as good with Matt Cassell. At the end of the day, the cheating they employ is obvious. Much like Cassell, Brady would suck on other teams. 

Why are these QBs only good in New England? Cheating, plain and simple. They know the other team’s play on defense, they keep a radio going to the QB, tell him when a pass rusher is coming and tell him where to go with the ball during the play. It’s easy to play QB in that system.

11 hours ago, notwoz said:

The story addresses many of those issues. It's about more than just a quarterback. It's about a philosophy  geared to winning. Read the story.

The bottom line with Bill and his "genius" is it got results less than 50% of the time until Brady came into the league.  One playoff appearance in 6 years without Brady and a .475 win percentage.  I imagine he was teaching the right way to shed a block then as well.

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or it’s having the best qb ever.  BB got fired in Cleveland and was about to get fired in NE until Mo Lewis.

i think McDermott is a dime a dozen head coach, like 95% of coaches.  However if Josh Allen is on Brady’s level, we will all praise his culture and all that BS.  NE has made awful personnel decisions the last 5 years (see Chandler Jones) but they keep winning.  But it’s probably about the culture and not Brady.

He liked him so much he passed on 5 times. Genius!

Exactly, I give the Patriots no credit for picking Brady in the 6th.  They totally lucked into that one as any other team would of if they picked him in the later rounds.  In one story I read they were very close to picking Stergeon Wynne with that pick instead of Brady.  

13 hours ago, notwoz said:

Well, maybe these other coaches have the "same" philosophy. But he knows how to turn that philosophy into results. And it's not like this "HOF QB" just fell into his lap. Brady was a SIXTH ROUND pick.  Every team in the league had multiple chances to pick the "HOF"  QB. But they didn't. Belichick liked what he saw and did.

If you ignore winning Super Bowls with the Giants as a DC and  as a HC getting the Browns (!) to the playoffs as flukes then, yeah, BB lucked into all his success.

I love seeing Belichick upset and when Buffalo beats them. But to minimize his achievements as a NFL HC to "Brady" or "cheating" is absurdity.