Dolphins game might be moved

I would think New Orleans is the worst place in the country to be in a bad hurricane. Let's see, 20 foot storm surge, 15 inches of rain and New Orleans 5 feet below sea level. The dome might protect those inside. The problem could be getting to it, not only fans, but the teams too.

I think the fins could be invited to play in Tennessee... I know that means they have to play one more road game - but screw those fishie bastards.

21475[/snapback]

That way, the Titans get 9 home games... won't happen.

If anything, they'd move the game to a neutral site like they did last year on MNF when the Felons played SD in Arizona.

I would think New Orleans is the worst place in the country to be in a bad  hurricane.  Let's see, 20 foot storm surge, 15 inches of rain and New Orleans 5 feet below sea level.  The dome might protect those inside.  The problem could be getting to it, not only fans, but the teams too.

21518[/snapback]

You are right. There are crazy people down here, but I don't think anyone is crazy enough to drive to New Orleans for a major hurricane. They do however use the Superdome as shelter during a hurricane.

The Phins should not only have to forfeit, but the win should go to the Yankees.

On a serious note, is it just me or does the impacts of the Hurricane season seem to be getting worse.

True weather trends need to be measured over a geologic time scale so given our scant 100+ years of weather records and accurate trend cannot be drawn from events in our paltry lifetimes.

Even if the storms are getting worse, part ofthis greater damage maybe on the supply side as we now have more economic activity to wreck on our shorelines.

Also, even if the storms are getting worse, perhaps the cause of it is ranome chance or Martian control as much as man-made activity. We just don't know.

Nevertheless, warming of the planet by human activity is a fact shown by science. One theory of the impact of this warming is more intense hurricanes though this may not be the case.

It would seem prudent for the US as the world's largst producer by far pf greehouse gases to adopt policies which encourage over mandate in some obvious cases greater efficiency in our energy production to reduce greenhouse gas production. Some wealthy will take a huge profit hit from doing this, but other wealthy will see great profits from this as the US creates more efficient energy production which can then be sold.

The details are higly debatable as to what they should be. However, the problem here seems to be because the folks currently in charge want only to study the problem and then reject their studies which indicate their is a problem that there is no debate about what to do. Let;s do something, because it seems that the US can benefit from taking some action to reduce greenhouse emissions or at worst it will be an even trade (hits for some wealthy people and benefits for others) and overall in the big picture if we are wrong about greenhouse gases the result is not a net loss, but if our worst fears are right then the net gain is very high.

The Phins should not only have to forfeit, but the win should go to the Yankees.

On a serious note, is it just me or does the impacts of the Hurricane season seem to be getting worse.

True weather trends need to be measured over a geologic time scale so given our scant 100+ years of weather records and accurate trend cannot be drawn from events in our paltry lifetimes.

Even if the storms are getting worse, part ofthis greater damage maybe on the supply side as we now have more economic activity to wreck on our shorelines.

Also, even if the storms are getting worse, perhaps the cause of it is ranome chance or Martian control as much as man-made activity.  We just don't know.

Nevertheless, warming of the planet by human activity is a fact shown by science.  One theory of the impact of this warming is more intense hurricanes though this may not be the case.

It would seem prudent for the US as the world's largst producer by far pf greehouse gases to adopt policies which encourage over mandate in some obvious cases greater efficiency in our energy production to reduce greenhouse gas production.  Some wealthy will take a huge profit hit from doing this, but other wealthy will see great profits from this as the US creates more efficient energy production which can then be sold. 

The details are higly debatable as to what they should be.  However, the problem here seems to be because the folks currently in charge want only to study the problem and then reject their studies which indicate their is a problem that there is no debate about what to do.  Let;s do something, because it seems that the US can benefit from taking some action to reduce greenhouse emissions or at worst it will be an even trade (hits for some wealthy people and benefits for others) and overall in the big picture if we are wrong about greenhouse gases the result is not a net loss, but if our worst fears are right then the net gain is very high.

21736[/snapback]

There is no connection.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131943,00.html