I don't think the Pegulas signed off on this

zow2

1 hour ago, Perry Turtle said:

They also traded a third (Cleveland's) to move up to draft Edmunds.  So to move up in the first to draft Allen and Edmunds, it cost them both seconds and and the first pick in the third.

If they drafted their QB in '17 at #10, with every other trade being the same (Watkins, Darby, Taylor), they would have have ended up with 1 first round pick, 2 second round picks and 2 third round picks in '18.

If they still traded up to get Edmunds, it still costs them the first pick in the 3rd round, but they still have the 2 second round picks.

Not saying that either Allen or Edmunds aren't worth it, what I am pointing out is that the Bills paid a heavy price for them.  

There are a lot of holes in the current roster that those traded picks could have filled.

In essence we used:

2 1st round picks

1 2nd round pick

Sammy Watkins

Ronald Darby

In exchange for:

Tre'Davious White

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmunds

We only used 3 of our original draft picks to get those 3 talents on the team. Watkins and Darby weren't going to be part of the long term plan either way. This entire plan will depend on Allen being good. If he's a top 10 QB within 2 years no one will ever say the Bills paid too much for him regardless of any other QB we passed on.

This regime has very aggressively placed their future in the hands of a potential franchise QB and I don't understand how anyone can be disappointed about that at this point.