Random thoughts on on bills vs Chargers

BmarvB

1) The seat under Leslie Frazier is heating up. Did the defense get better when McD took over the play calling in the second half?

2) I think we have our QB in Allen. This was a good learning experience for him. Expectations were low for this game but he did ok for his first start. he made some rookie mistakes as expected, but he showed enough good things in his first start to prove himself worthy.
3) Is it really that bad that a player retired at halftime? 
4) The o-line played a little better in the second half, but the seat under Juan Castillo should start heating up.
5) Even if it's a washed up veteran on his last leg, Allen is going to need an experienced backup who can be of real help to him.
6) As much as I like Murphy on kick returns, he makes me nervous on punt returns (hang on to the ball, and know when it's best to fair catch a punt!)
7) Penalties penalties penalties ... smdh
8. it was an overall better performance than last week, but more improvement is needed
9) We're looking at an 0-4 start, but it's not how you start, it's how you finish!

GO BILLS!!!

9 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

1) The seat under Leslie Frazier is heating up. Did the defense get better when McD took over the play calling in the second half?  YES. It also got better when McD started acting like a DC rather than a HC. 

2) I think we have our QB in Allen. This was a good learning experience for him. Expectations were low for this game but he did ok for his first start. he made some rookie mistakes as expected, but he showed enough good things in his first start to prove himself worthy.
3) Is it really that bad that a player retired at halftime? YES. It's not bad telling the coach that you really think you can't do it anymore, and asking out of the action. It is really that bad to retire on the spot.
4) The o-line played a little better in the second half, but the seat under Juan Castillo should start heating up. That seat really can't get any hotter without spontaneously combusting.
5) Even if it's a washed up veteran on his last leg, Allen is going to need an experienced backup who can be of real help to him. AGREED. If only there were some mediocre veteran backup with just a little real game experience under his belt out there, someone like, oh, I don't know, AJ McCarron.
6) As much as I like Murphy on kick returns, he makes me nervous on punt returns (hang on to the ball, and know when it's best to fair catch a punt!) CORRECT. The number one rule of punt returns is "don't create a negative play." 
7) Penalties penalties penalties ... smdh  
8. it was an overall better performance than last week, but more improvement is needed
9) We're looking at an 0-4 start, but it's not how you start, it's how you finish!

GO BILLS!!!

Nice comments. In addition to my responses above, how about:

- Logan Thomas: missed a key block that got Allen sacked early on. I keep reading that he's a good blocker, but what I'm seeing is "would be considered a good blocker for a WR, but is totally inadequate as a blocker as a TE." He still hasn't shown me anything, and the clock is ticking.

- Jerry Hughes: finally looking like himself again

- Zay Jones: the Bust-o-Meter is moving into the red zone. His most positive contribution was drawing the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the Chargers' CB for making that little jaw-jawing gesture. Zay appears to talk a good game and to play an awful one. He shows a lot more energy when naked and wired.

- Robert Foster: I wondered why he made the team, but we saw a couple positive plays today. I think we'll be seeing more of him.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Nice comments. In addition to my responses above, how about:

- Logan Thomas: missed a key block that got Allen sacked early on. I keep reading that he's a good blocker, but what I'm seeing is "would be considered a good blocker for a WR, but is totally inadequate as a blocker as a TE." He still hasn't shown me anything, and the clock is ticking.

- Jerry Hughes: finally looking like himself again

- Zay Jones: the Bust-o-Meter is moving into the red zone. His most positive contribution was drawing the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the Chargers' CB for making that little jaw-jawing gesture. Zay appears to talk a good game and to play an awful one. He shows a lot more energy when naked and wired.

- Robert Foster: I wondered why he made the team, but we saw a couple positive plays today. I think we'll be seeing more of him.

The long pass to Zay he almost dropped! He really is an awful receiver.

I for one was pretty happy the LA Chargers only scored 3 points in second half. That defense come to life after getting run up an down the field 1st half. I can see why Mc D didn't start Allen in first game He has a lot to learn But did pretty darn well I think for he first game as a starter. He will be a good one as long as he don't get he tree rattled like trent edwards did 

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The long pass to Zay he almost dropped! He really is an awful receiver.

You don't think that pass was a little under thrown????  

12 minutes ago, Billsfan369 said:

I for one was pretty happy the LA Chargers only scored 3 points in second half. That defense come to life after getting run up an down the field 1st half. I can see why Mc D didn't start Allen in first game He has a lot to learn But did pretty darn well I think for he first game as a starter. He will be a good one as long as he don't get he tree rattled like trent edwards did 

Yeah. It was underthrown

1 hour ago, Billsfan369 said:

A little but once the adjustment was made it was right in his hands and he bobbled it.