(OT) Ring 2

Please save your money and don't see Ring 2.

Worst Sequel Ever.

On the plus side, somebody had a remote control "fart machine" in the theater.

Friggin Funny.

I would have been pissed if I was into the movie,

but since it sucked it helped pass the time.

I agree with the original poster. The first ring wasn't the greatest movie ever, but I thought it was scary and good. The second one was neither. Classic example of milking a movie for all it's worth. They knew they could put anything out and the fans of the ring would go see it. They sure tricked me...don't make the same mistake.

I've never watch a sequel to any movie anymore except for the series like Karate Kid, Rocky, Halloween, ect. for that exact reason. Sequels don't ever live up to the hype, and it takes away from the original movie IMO. I loved The Ring, no way in hell was I gonna see Ring II.

I have'nt seen The Ring 2, although I want too. As far as worst sequel goes, we recently had "Son of the Mask" out.

And Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, is out on Thursday. Those two films might give Ring 2 a break.

My kids went last night and they loved it. Said it was very scary and I didn't hear people complaining after the movie let out.

281203[/snapback]

No offense but people all over the country who fall into your kids' age bracket are the reason that movies like "Johnson Family Vacation" and "The Pacifier" can hit #1 during their opening weekend. The first Ring will pretty much ruin your life, it was so scary...the second one was just stupid.

I have'nt seen The Ring 2, although I want too. As far as worst sequel goes, we recently had "Son of the Mask" out.

And Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, is out on Thursday. Those two films might give Ring 2 a break.

281249[/snapback]

Jim Carrey and and a slinky Cammeron Diaz carried "The Mask," in addition to special effects not usually seen on the big screen. The effects are old, now, and not even putting that thing on a kid's face will help the sequel.

On the other hand, I finally watched "Starsky and Hutch" last night, and I don't mind saying I'd watch a sequel to that. Corny rip on the TV show, but as long as you aren't burned out on Ben Stiller, it's pretty damn funny.

cåblelady Posted Today, 10:03 AM

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Mar 20 2005, 10:02 AM)

And Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, is out on Thursday.

That's the one I want to see. I watched the first one about 10 times! 

10 times!!!??? Well cablelady you will have the whole theatre to yourself when # 2 comes out. :lol:

No offense but people all over the country who fall into your kids' age bracket are the reason that movies like "Johnson Family Vacation" and "The Pacifier" can hit #1 during their opening weekend.  The first Ring will pretty much ruin your life, it was so scary...the second one was just stupid.

281255[/snapback]

The first one by no means scared me. IMO, it sucked as most of the horror genre has in the past 10 years. i think the barbara streisand concert was scarier than The Ring, and from what i saw in the previews, i thought the sequel looked awful

The first one by no means scared me. IMO, it sucked as most of the horror genre has in the past 10 years. i think the barbara streisand concert was scarier than The Ring, and from what i saw in the previews, i thought the sequel looked awful

281285[/snapback]

The first Ring may not have been scary to every one. But most people and critics agree it was well done. Stylish, well-acted, and had more on its mind than just being scary.

There is shot in that matches "Rear Window" that is both a nod to that movie, and a not so subtle comment on how families are now hooked on tv and don't do much else.

Looking for a good movie to see this weekend? Try Hostage with Bruce Willis. Great movie, don't listen to the critics, it delivers exactly what a it promises. It won't win any Academy Awards, but it'll entertain you for a solid two hours.

Ring 2 gets 1 out of 4 stars.  Ring 1 would have gotten 2.5-3 out of 4 stars.  If you want to see a scary movie, check out "The Grudge".  Also, the preview in ring two for "red eye" peaked my interest.

281305[/snapback]

Yeah, Red eye looks like it could be good. I wasn't a big fan of the Grudge. It had its moments, but overall was average.